Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentistry

Options
  • 15-08-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi can you add the extra 25 points for leaving cert honours maths onto to your score if you want to do dentistry?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

mary55 wrote: »
    Hi can you add the extra 25 points for leaving cert honours maths onto to your score if you want to do dentistry?

The maths bonus points apply for all CAO courses (with some adjustments for medicine). Remember though that you don't just add on the 25 points at the end. Add them to your maths result first, then add your top 6 together.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

but i thought for medicine u could add 5 extra points from the honours maths. Is is like this for other courses like dentistry?

but i thought for medicine u could add 5 extra points from the honours maths. Is is like this for other courses like dentistry?

For every CAO course, you add the 25 points onto your maths result first, then add your top 6 subjects to give your total CAO points. So yes, it applies for dentistry too.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭mary55

ok but is only worth 5 or 25 points for dentistry?

ok but is only worth 5 or 25 points for dentistry?

25 points added to your maths points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Hermione Granger

I don't know if you found this out in the meantime but with medicine the extra 25 points work like this

You count up all your points as usual say you get 580 and add the 25 for maths that's 605. You then take 550 from 605 to leave you with 55 divide by 5 that's 11 add 11 to 550 that's 561 . . .

So basically for every 5 points after 550 is equal to 1 point.

So 550 =550
    555=551
    560=552
    565=553
    570=554
    and on it goes until
    625= 565

Advertisement