Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adwords Voucher

Options
  • 15-08-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

I'm helping a friend put together a dog walking website with a .ie domain. I'm not an expert but probably know enough to be dangerous. I know that Google Adwords vouchers are sometimes available to try out. Where can I get a voucher, or are they only available for .com domains?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

internet related/computer magazines at the newsagents often have one inside

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

M.T.D wrote: »
    internet related/computer magazines at the newsagents often have one inside
    OK, didn't know that. Can you think of a title of a magazine? I can easily nip to the local newsagent and buy the mag. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

.net webuser and several others, The voucher is usually a credit sized piece of card stuck to one of the pages, easy to spot if you flick through the magazine

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Marty_McFly

I have a few spare here. I just sent you a PM with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I have a few spare here. I just sent you a PM with one.

Hi Marty, if you have any remaining and are happy to share please PM me... Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

bardcom wrote: »
    I'm helping a friend put together a dog walking website with a .ie domain. I'm not an expert but probably know enough to be dangerous. I know that Google Adwords vouchers are sometimes available to try out. Where can I get a voucher, or are they only available for .com domains?

Ring Google AdWords free phone and they'll guide you through the setup if you really feel like managing it yourself. They'll also give you a Voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Ya they often give out €75 euro or 100 free if they get to setup your account.. but only if u are a new subscriber to adwords.

We often here at the office get vouchers but cannot use them because of the new Subscriber clause in them.. If i can find one i,ll pm you - :S

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

if anybody has any vouchers spare I'd Love one as well

Thanks in advance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Matrix Internet Web Design

Hi guys,

Would anyone have any AdWords vouchers spare? Just one would do the job!

We had a few but they have expired unfortunately, we didn't know what the expiry date was, so it would be great if anyone had even one to spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Just a heads up
    Google are changing the Adwords voucher system by the end of September, so a lot of the vouchers that are out "in the wild" will probably expire in the next few weeks.
    They're switching over to a "Pay X, get Y free" model

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Matrix Internet Web Design

Blacknight wrote: »
    Just a heads up
    Google are changing the Adwords voucher system by the end of September, so a lot of the vouchers that are out "in the wild" will probably expire in the next few weeks.
    They're switching over to a "Pay X, get Y free" model

Thanks Blacknight. I saw that myself alright. I got a voucher from a magazine where it is now 'pay £25, get £100'. So you need to rack up x amount in costs before you can redeem.

The magazine cost me nearly a tenner, and then I found out that the voucher requires a UK billing address!!

So again, if anyone has any spare vouchers that will work in Ireland, please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

I've some, valid for new accounts in Ireland. Send me a PM and I'll get you sorted. I think they are for €100 worth of ads, which should be enough to get you started. Of course they are free (some people actually sell them !)

Just checked my account, the vouchers are for €75. They come with an activation charge (on google's side) of €5, so in effect you get €70 worth of free ads, which can be enough to test a few things out.

Okay, I've helped a few people out (don't know if they want to be named). But I have 5 left if any one else wants them. They expire at the end of the month, you don't have to use all the value before then, rather you have to add it to your account.

I've still 3 left if anyone wants one. Just PM me your email address and I'll sent it along.

All right ... last one left.

If you want to try out Google AdWords, you need to make a new account http://www.google.com/adwords
    Then add a credit card, then add the voucher code (before the end of the month), and away you go with €75 worth of ads. From next month these vouchers will change where you will have to deposit €25 first and then you will get the €75 credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

If anyone else has vouchers to spare that would be great! :)

Advertisement