Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxing Shop in Dublin

Options
  • 15-08-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in Dublin that sells boxing equipment (apart from Mick Dowling and Elverys)?

Need a new pair of bag mitts and don't want to buy online as I want to try them for size first.

Had a look on the Google machine and nobody seems to have a physical shop in Dublin apart from the two mentioned above. Elverys only do a pair of Rival mitts... I had them before and they were cr@p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭mathproblem

I got a pair of lonsdale mitts and gel handwrap gloves in Sports World above Heatons in the Park retail centre at Carrickmines just off the M50:

144425490.jpg144425511.jpg

It was about six or 8 months ago, I couldn't tell you whether they still have them in stock though. They come in different sizes, medium/large/x large and I'm sure they'll let you try them on if they have them in stock... in fact i'm nearly sure I did myself iirc.

They have a price of 39stg listed on the back of them but i think i got them at around 20€ which i was delighted with. Dunno what sort of quality you're looking for but they've done the trick grand for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bonger

Cool, I'll have a look in Heatons. Cheers for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I guess there will be lots of boys and girls taking up boxing after the showing of the irish team in London:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bonger

barney4001 wrote: »
    I guess there will be lots of boys and girls taking up boxing after the showing of the irish team in London:D:D

Well I wouldn't exactly say I'm "taking up boxing"... I'm a bit long in the tooth at this stage. ;) But yeah you're right, we've had about 20 new likes on the club facebook page in the past week, so expecting to see a big increase in numbers when we open up again on Monday after the summer break.

And then no doubt they'll tail off again after a few weeks.... :D

Advertisement