Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade 8mb to 24mb

Options
  • 15-08-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Firstly, I know this question is the definition of 'lazy web' but I'm not in a position to call Eircom to ask myself, so any info would be great.

I'm moving to a new house this coming Sunday. This house already has Eircom 8mb BB installed. As I work from home and use the Internet a lot, I'm looking to upgrade this to Eircom's 24mb package. In normal situations, how long does this process take? I'll be calling them on Monday and I was hoping it wouldn't really take longer than a couple of days max.

Also, I'm assuming by upgrading I...

(a) don't get the free router?
    (b) have to enter a new contract?

Cheers in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Usually takes 2 - 5 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Firstly, I know this question is the definition of 'lazy web' but I'm not in a position to call Eircom to ask myself, so any info would be great.

I'm moving to a new house this coming Sunday. This house already has Eircom 8mb BB installed. As I work from home and use the Internet a lot, I'm looking to upgrade this to Eircom's 24mb package. In normal situations, how long does this process take? I'll be calling them on Monday and I was hoping it wouldn't really take longer than a couple of days max.

Also, I'm assuming by upgrading I...

(a) don't get the free router?
    (b) have to enter a new contract?

Cheers in advance.

Hi peejay1986,

When upgrading broadband it normally takes a max of 24 hours. This can be done either over the phone or online. You will need to have the current eircom account number to hand when placing the order. You wouldn't normally get a router without requesting one. There is a way around this as since you are entering into a new contract for the package, you can ask for a modem as part of the new contract and it will be free. If you have any trouble with the order let us know and we'll see if we can help you.

Regards

James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Thanks, both of you.

James - I've sent you a PM with another Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Thanks, both of you.

James - I've sent you a PM with another Q.

Reply sent,

James

Advertisement