Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to find VG base liquid for diluting

Options
  • 15-08-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭

Cant seem to find this in stock on any of the irish websites.

Its basically Vg liquid base , which is used to dilute down any of the other standard e liquids.

It used to be on the best shop , but cant find it anywhere now.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Cant seem to find this in stock on any of the irish websites.

Its basically Vg liquid base , which is used to dilute down any of the other standard e liquids.

It used to be on the best shop , but cant find it anywhere now.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

You can buy it in any boots chemist if your near one and its just vegetable glycerine without the nicotine your after. its quite thick so you'd need some distilled water as well possibly. They call it refined glycerine and its from a company called ultrapure, its is food grade stuff as I had the pharmacist check to make sure before I bought it.

I got a 150ml bottle of it in there about 3 months ago for 3 or 4 euros I cant remember exactly how much it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

tesco might have it as well

is it distilled water you need? i thought it was deionised water..

--edit

you're right, distilled.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

tesco might have it as well

is it distilled water you need? i thought it was deionised water..

I'm almost 100% its distilled but stand to be corrected, maybe they are the same thing no?

edit

ok lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

actually on further googling im also seeing people saying deionised

i always assumed it was deionised so you wouldnt have your eliquid carrying current around..

dunno though, maybe either works fine

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Distilled water would be more pure so personally I'd go that way. Distilled water would also be deionised.

You probably wouldn't need it though if your using it to dilute down an existing juice. Pure VG on it's own is very thick, but once you're mixing it with something else it becomes manageable enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

stevenmu wrote: »
    Distilled water would be more pure so personally I'd go that way. Distilled water would also be deionised.

You probably wouldn't need it though if your using it to dilute down an existing juice. Pure VG on it's own is very thick, but once you're mixing it with something else it becomes manageable enough.
    yes this would be the plan to just use it to dilute an existing e liquid flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

http://e-cigshop.eu/DIY-E-Liquids/VG-Base-FlavorArt
    I'v used this and it's fine. Theirs an Inawera VG also but afaik it has a percentage water already added.
    Both Boots and McCauleys treated me with suspicion and said they didn't stock PG or VG in larger than 20 ml bottles, I was told by someone who worked in a chemist that PG is on a watch list since time began because it's an ingredient in home made explosives. I think this may not be true but you never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

tommy2bad wrote: »
    I think this may not be true but you never know :)
    PG + Nitric Acid = Kaboom (one step below nitroglycerin)

So says the Google anyway.

D-:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

grindle wrote: »
    PG + Nitric Acid = Kaboom (one step below nitroglycerin)

So says the Google anyway.

D-:

Oh dear God :eek: now they think I'm a mad bomber!!!

Cool :cool:

Advertisement