Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT or Smurfit Part-time MScs

Options
  • 15-08-2012 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking for some advice on the following two courses:

Smurfit Business School: MSc in Project Management (part-time)

I was initially very interested in the Smurfit course but I have since been advised that Project Management is very specified and is mostly suited to engineering or IT graduates. I work in management but I don't have a technical background. Does anyone have any advice on this course? Would it suit someone who wasn't particularly technical? A lot of my work is project work but my academic background is in the humanities and my sector is education.

DIT: MSc in Strategic Management (part-time)

This looks like a more general (and cheaper!) option. Does anyone have any experience of this course?

Any ideas on career prospects? Would the Smurfit course look better on the CV or is the DIT MSc also highly regarded?

Thanks.

Advertisement