Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ascu Or raptor

Options
  • 14-08-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

what are the pros and cons of the ascu vs. the raptor
    cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Ascu vs raptor

biggest thing first i guess
    Ascu is still being manufactured, the raptor aint.
    but i think the guys who made the raptor have plans for a new mosfet similar to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

I'm no expert on this by any means but the main advantage of the raptor is that it fits completely inside the gearbox shell. They have given some problems though and I believe that the redesign is pretty much identical to the ascu, physically at least.

I have an ascu fitted to a 416 that I have and the trigger response is fantastic coupled with the different trigger modes. The only downside is that your aeg will have to be rearwired. Airsoft systems were meant to be bringing out a proprietary hop unit to work with the ascu (is meant to prevent dry firing etc) but that was due last summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Another thing to think about is the motor.
    The Raptor will drop into your standard V2 box with no other upgrades necessary.
    But for the ASCU to work effectively you need a hi-torque motor.

I have AEGs with both in them and I definitely prefer the ASCU.
    But if space is a bit scarce then the Raptor is the only option.

Advertisement