Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a wireless router for upc

Options
  • 14-08-2012 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

hi i have upc cable broadband and have belkinN+ wireless router model F5D8235-4V1 and have to on/off power it circa 3-4 times a week, at this stage i would appreciate some help on recommendation to replace this, preferably via amazon, many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

stoves1 wrote: »
    hi i have upc cable broadband and have belkinN+ wireless router model F5D8235-4V1 and have to on/off power it circa 3-4 times a week, at this stage i would appreciate some help on recommendation to replace this, preferably via amazon, many thanks
    F5D8235-4V1 is old version I have V2 and get same problem but I solved this by connecting a buffalo router with wireless disabled on buffalo and then connected to the belkin with this I never get any drop out of connection the Internet blue icon is always on never starts blinking which is the problem your having
    It's caused by Belkin dchp getting info from upc modem it's a known problem with belkin it's solved by using the buffalo to get LAN connection first then connect to belkin
    It's also important to reset upc modem first
    Power off upc modem. Then power back on with no connection to belkin or even your pc let upc modem fully set up all lights green including phone lights give it 10 min
    Then do a factory reset of belkin router
    Remember to note your original ssid and password before you do this
    What operating system you using if xp use the belkin setup cd to set of belkin
    If windows 7 or windows 8 set connection to dynamic connection
    And when it's fully working change back your ssid and security password to what you used before
    But I suggest you do what I have get a buffalo router that had easy setup function ideally get one with gigabyte LAN ports wireless not important as you won't be using the wireless from buffalo
    It's does work stays connected 24/7

Advertisement