Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need help please :)

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone

My 1 year old son very nicely pulled my iMac onto the ground because I wouldn't put on Peppa the Pig and I had to restore everything back to factory settings to Tiger

I have searched high and low for a copy of leopard but even McTivate or whatever way you spell it tried to charge me €35.00 to install it for me and it's just robbery

Would anyone have a lend of a copy for a day or two so I can get back up and running because with Tiger I can't do anything at all on it

Thanks in advance

Troy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

35 quid to supply and install a new OS is robbery ?! Seriously ?

Leopard is long gone I'm afraid. As your iMac came with Tiger I'd guess it's a G5 processor so Snow Leopard is useless to you. I might still have a copy of Leopard lying about somewhere, I'll have a look.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Troyboydub

Hi Ken

That's would be great and very much appreciated, I was speaking to apple care today and gave the serial number but they said snow leapord would work also

I would actually pick it up on the moon at this point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Troyboydub wrote: »
    Hi Ken

That's would be great and very much appreciated, I was speaking to apple care today and gave the serial number but they said snow leapord would work also

I would actually pick it up on the moon at this point :)

I have both Leopard and SL discs if you need them.

Just sent you a mail there Jason....think I called you Ken in it sorry about that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Just sent you a mail there Jason....think I called you Ken in it sorry about that

I don't think Snow Leopard will work for you though. It's Intel only. You say your machine came with or runs Tiger - this means it has to be a PPC G5/G4 machine I think ? Tiger didn't run on Intel afaik.

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

ZENER wrote: »
    I don't think Snow Leopard will work for you though. It's Intel only. You say your machine came with or runs Tiger - this means it has to be a PPC G5/G4 machine I think ? Tiger didn't run on Intel afaik.

Ken

Ken you are 100% correct, Tiger was PPC only and the last OS that had support for PPC was Leopard, Snow Leopard was for intel macs only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Tiger wasn't PPC only. My first Macbook with a Core Duo came with Tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Why don't one google the operating system which torrent at the end And u knw what to do next

I know for sure it's an intel iMac I remember seeing it on the box and the apple rep on the phone told me snow leapord would work on it also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I know for sure it's an intel iMac I remember seeing it on the box and the apple rep on the phone told me snow leapord would work on it also

See the Apple Icon on the Top Left hand side Click on it... Click on ABout this MAC and it will tell you the Processor and Memory, You can Click on More Info.. that will tell you everything about your Mac, Then you will know if its a G4 or an Intel Duo Core Computer..

Is your Imac the White one or the Gray one ? if its the White one then you have the G processor as the Gray where the ones that came with the Intel Duo Core..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Cork24 wrote: »
    ....Is your Imac the White one or the Gray one ? if its the White one then you have the G processor as the Gray where the ones that came with the Intel Duo Core..

Not quite correct, the first Intel based iMac's introduced in 2006 where in fact white also.

It's the grey one and on the more info it has 2.4 ghz intel core duo

I hope that's clears it up

Advertisement