Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in Kent?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

Evening all,

Daughter dearest (with whom I am well pleased) is starting a new job next month in Wigmore, near Gillingham, and has to set about looking for a place to stay, ideally somewhere between Gillingham and London and reasonably well served by public transport.

It's a part of England I'm not at all familiar with, and I'm wondering if anyone here has any tips to pass on? She's 24 and wants to be near London, but not spend hours travelling to work Mon-Fri either. She'll probably be sharing with a mate from College.

TIA for any pointers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Medway Towns = Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Yeah, you'd probably say that about where I live too. :rolleyes:
    Lots of similarly helpful contributions in your other posts, from what I can see.

Any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Apologies for trying to stop you from moving to a ****hole!! Kent is like the curate's egg, good in parts, Medway Towns and Dover are bloody awful, though there are some nice parts around Tonbridge, Canterbury and Broadstairs.

Advertisement