Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sangria - Where can I buy?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Basically we're on our last tub of Sangria & when its gone its gone. It was brought home from Texas, & I can't seem to find anywhere else to get it. It's in a white bucket & lid type thing, with the powdered mixture inside it in sachets.

Can anyone help at all? I've searched the forum & some people suggest making it but I wouldn't know where to even start with that :o Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hi folks

Basically we're on our last tub of Sangria & when its gone its gone. It was brought home from Texas, & I can't seem to find anywhere else to get it. It's in a white bucket & lid type thing, with the powdered mixture inside it in sachets.

Can anyone help at all? I've searched the forum & some people suggest making it but I wouldn't know where to even start with that :o Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Get:
    1. Cheap Spanish wine (or rjoca, based on budget).
    2. Some sweet fruits eg tin of pineapple or a real peaches, pinapple, orange slices and passion fruit.
    3. a dash of Coca cola.
    4. Ice.

Mix all ingredients together. That's your basic sangria. Adjust to taste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Coke in Sangria :confused:

2 x Bottles of (Cheap) Red Wine
    1.5 Litres of Sprite
    1.5 Litres of Fanta
    Naggin of (Cheap) Brandy
    Freshly Squeezed Juice of : 2 Limes, 2 Lemons, 2 Oranges
    Sliced Orange
    Sliced Apple
    Sliced Strawberries (about 6)
    .5 Kilo Sugar

Leave this mixture overnight in the fridge, then stirred before serving, it will be a hundred times nicer than anything from a "sachet".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 690 ✭✭✭puffishoes

Des wrote: »

1.5 Litres of Sprite
    1.5 Litres of Fanta
    Naggin of (Cheap) Brandy
    Sliced Orange
    Sliced Apple
    .5 Kilo Sugar

Leave this mixture overnight in the fridge, then stirred before serving, it will be a hundred times nicer than anything from a "sachet".

Even just coke and red wine is very popular in spain without the fruits. surprisingly it tastes really nice :)

Never heard of 7up/sprite/orange in it tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Cheers lads, very much appreciate the info. So making your own seems to be the consensus? Cool, I'll pass along the lists of ingredients, many thanks.

This is the exact product, but I can only find it on Amazon.com, & US shipping is the only option so making my own might be the only way to go!

51GmnhYWMoL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Cocktail-Rx-Freezer-Sangria-19-5-Ounce/dp/B006LXIJ58/ref=pd_sim_gro_4

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »

1.5 Litres of Sprite
    1.5 Litres of Fanta
    Naggin of (Cheap) Brandy
    Sliced Orange
    Sliced Apple
    .5 Kilo Sugar

You questrion the coke and then add sprite and fanta?!?!

Philistines, both of you!

Wine, juice, chopped fruit and some brandy, boom, sangria!!!

:pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Sangria made with coca cola was servered in the court of Phillip II.

FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Seaneh wrote: »
    You questrion the coke and then add sprite and fanta?!?!

Philistines, both of you!

Wine, juice, chopped fruit and some brandy, boom, sangria!!!

:pac:

Yeah, you are right, but most recipes will call for something like Soda Water, or sparkling wine, so I subbed in Sprite/Fanta to add the "sparkle".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

FACT

Ah and we know that to be true because you linked to a source?
    No, but because you wrote FACT at the end of it.
    Just as reliable;)

And supposing it is true (it must be because of the capital letters), it proves what? That royals can be well known for their eccentricities or that they are well known for their expertise on authentic recipes?

I have no strong views on the matter, myself. I just can't help reacting when people use FACT!

FACT
    :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

it proves what?
    That you're not very familiar with Spanish history :P

• Advertisement

FACT

Now, I'm just throwing this out there...

But Sangria is a pretty old recipe and cocacola is about 126 years old...

So, really, isn't it a tad unlikely that coke was in the original/classic recipe :pac:

Also, the only time wine and coke mixed will pass these lips is when it's called kalimotxo and I'm in basque country :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Em lads, it's clearly a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

enda1 wrote: »
    Em lads, it's clearly a joke.

That slowly dawned on me!!

FACT:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Aldi have something called Sangriana in the Spanish event at the moment, it's not showing up in their current Special Buys but is in the magazine - €3.29 a bottle no idea if it's any good at all.

Advertisement