Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland Ireland/ Certus/ Bluestone

Options
  • 14-08-2012 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi everyone.....

I'm in some trouble and would appreciate any help I can get.

I had a HP loan with Bank of Scotland Ireland, there was a dispute over the car as it turned out to be CRAP!!!! Anyway in the end we settled the loan in 2008 for less than what they wanted originally, but it was settled and I have the paperwork from Cashflow Services (company who collected debts on Bank of Scotland Irelands behalf).

Now 4 years on, I have applied for a mortgage, only to be told that the Bank of Scotland loan is still on my ICB record as actively open and IN ARREARS for the last 4 years!!!

I have contacted Certus, who tell me Bluestone Asset Management have all the HP loans, who in turn tell me that only Certus can action this!!!!

In the meantime I cant get approved for my mortgage (which I have been told they will approve once this is updated correctly) and chances are I will loose the house I have already put a deposit on!!!!

I am beyond frustrated with this hole situation.

If anyone can help me or give my any advice I would greatly appreciate same.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

It should be on the ICB as settled for a lesser amount. They wont remove it from the ICB but should record the settlement paid. It wont be updated as paid in full. Certus should sort this for you. Get onto them again and make a complaint if needed.

Have you got a report from ICB?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jasminej4

Hi Chris,

I understand that it wont be removed and that it will say settled for a lesser amount but its to get someone to acutally send an email to the gilrs in the ICB - who will update the system immediately for me..... Certus are saying that this isnt really their problem as it should have been closed in 2008 and they only took over the accounts after that - and then they are passing the book to Bluestone who are throwing it straight back to Certus!!!!

Noone seems to want to help me! All I want is for them to update my ICB truthfully and honestly but noone will do it for me!

I cant understand why its such a huge issue, I have even emailed them copies of the documentation saying that this loan was settled and that the file was closed, but still they wont do it!!!! A simple email is too much for them!

Im really at the end of my patience, plus I risk loosing the mortgage over this!

You may need to make a complaint. They have an obligation to ensure records are correct. Tell them you will be reporting it as a breach of data protection laws and are reporting them to the data protection commissioner. This should get them moving.

I will do that! I have also contacted the Financial Services Ombudsman so hopefully the threat of both of those might do the trick......? Do you think?

Thanks for answering me by the way!!! :D

The ombudsman cant do anything until the complaints process has been fully exhausted with the bank so not much can be done yet down this road.

I think would be best to mention data protection act and their failure there. Then state you wish to make a complaint over their handling of it. Lead with the data protection issue first may get it sorted quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 theboar

:confused:
    jasminej4 wrote: »
    Hi Chris,
    I have the same problem. I cleared my debt
    With bluestone but they are not a member of the ICB so can't update my ICB. BoS
    Say they can't update as they no longer own the debt and as far as they are concerned in 2011 when they sold their loan book the debt was outstanding. I can't believe that they can wash their hands of me. As far as I am concerned I took the loan out with Bos and they owe me a duty of care to ensure my data is correct. Also whilst the debt arose in 2009 or became an issue in 2009 they only registered it with the icb in 2011 so the scheduled removal date is 2016. Should the date it was registered with the ICB not be 2009 therefore deleted in 2014.

Can anyone help?

I understand that it wont be removed and that it will say settled for a lesser amount but its to get someone to acutally send an email to the gilrs in the ICB - who will update the system immediately for me..... Certus are saying that this isnt really their problem as it should have been closed in 2008 and they only took over the accounts after that - and then they are passing the book to Bluestone who are throwing it straight back to Certus!!!!

Noone seems to want to help me! All I want is for them to update my ICB truthfully and honestly but noone will do it for me!

I cant understand why its such a huge issue, I have even emailed them copies of the documentation saying that this loan was settled and that the file was closed, but still they wont do it!!!! A simple email is too much for them!

Im really at the end of my patience, plus I risk loosing the mortgage over this!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I had war with this shower too, they are trying to say they are just a collections agency and do not have any obligations that bosi had.

I made complaints against bluestone that were investigated by certus and the conclusion came from bluestone.

I get the feeling they are all on the same floor of some office block.

Also most of the info they held on me was wrong and they had lost my original credit agreement.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I had war with this shower too, they are trying to say they are just a collections agency and do not have any obligations that bosi had.

I made complaints against bluestone that were investigated by certus and the conclusion came from bluestone.

I get the feeling they are all on the same floor of some office block.

Also most of the info they held on me was wrong and they had lost my original credit agreement.

We reported them all to Data Protection Commissioner. Once they got involved it was sorted ASAP!!!!! BOS admitted everything was handled incorrectly & apologised.

That was the only route we had left available to us at the time & it worked for us. Get in contact with them they really are fantastic & get onto it immediately.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Oh yeah,the miraculously found my credit agreement again. Thankfully I no longer have to deal with them anymore. Good riddance.

theboar wrote: »
    :confused:

How did you get on with all this???

• Advertisement
Advertisement