Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when are the next irish lans?

Options
  • 14-08-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

im looking for any lan tournaments that will be happening in ireland in the next 6 months,does anybody have any ideas? i tried searching for some and the only thing i could find was that lan that got cancelled on the 13th of august

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

The main orga's, RoyalMarine and Xios, seemed to have disappeared. If you live anywhere near the city you can begin organising a LAN where we usually hold it in the city centre. I don't remember the name of the place (think it was XGC centre or something).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Im still here.

However, Ive held off organizing another LAN due to the performance of the computers in the XGC last time we were there.
    those who brought their own had no problems apart from a slight power issue which was resolved quickly.

Ill talk to Xios and discuss organizing another one in the next month or 2.

Ill update when I have more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I'm more than happy to go into town and organise something if anybody else is up for it, preferably someone who was involved before; RoyalMarine, Xios, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

was in the net cafe that the LANs usually are held a few days ago, the dude that works there informed me that they updated the machines and I could play sc2 no problem...

tried playing it and SC2 is still laggy as hell on the machines, all settings down low still unplayable. So I would suggest looking for a new place with better machines, if someone is thinking of organising a lan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Columc wrote: »
    was in the net cafe that the LANs usually are held a few days ago, the dude that works there informed me that they updated the machines and I could play sc2 no problem...

tried playing it and SC2 is still laggy as hell on the machines, all settings down low still unplayable. So I would suggest looking for a new place with better machines, if someone is thinking of organising a lan

You have to remember that they are splitting one connection accross all the machines.

Very few net cafes now actually have the required network infrastructure or even the required bandwidth.

They have cut costs in this regard, as simply put "LANS" never really were a big thing here, and they are pretty much dying out considering you broadband is so readily available.

I'd much rather play a tournament from home then at an event, any LAN I've been too here has been absolute stink...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

when I mention laggy I mean FPS lag not connection lag, the connection is usually fine even during then LANs we had there.

The machines literally cant handle starcraft 2, not the connection.

Attending LANs are more of the social aspect then anything else, sure the competition brings some more competitive people to them, but for the average people its just meeting up with others and chatting/drinking etc.

Advertisement