Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I rented a server...

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭

It's called VFI Clan Server and there should be no shenanigans on it, just lads out to enjoy the game.

I will from time to time be setting it to CQ for the weekend, or a full week or nothing but Armoured Kill when that drops but it will mostly be Rush on all maps.

Every now and then I'll be closing the server to record cinematics and the like, I'll also be trying to do all my gameplays and such there because it will just be nice to be able to set the next map.

Boardsies more than welcome, send me a message on the PSN (scannerbarkly) and I will VIP you.

Sexy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Sounds good, might have a look next time I tear myself away from Skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

sounds deadly! I'll prob join ye once I get back to BF.. After getting hooked on MGS again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You're PTFO or GTFO isn't really being adhered to tbh... in game atm (damavand), and there's at least 8 snipers on my team -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You're PTFO or GTFO isn't really being adhered to tbh... in game atm (damavand), and there's at least 8 snipers on my team -_-

Yeah, I was off giving some other clan a nice hiding there.

Should be on the server in about half an hour I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Gave it a run there. Good server, enjoyed it. Don't think I'll use it though, too used too and fond of my Hardcore. :P

• Advertisement

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Gave it a run there. Good server, enjoyed it. Don't think I'll use it though, too used too and fond of my Hardcore. :P

We'll be having Hardcore Weekends at some point! I'll let you know and you can join us if ya like.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

hypermuse wrote: »
    sounds deadly! I'll prob join ye once I get back to BF.. After getting hooked on MGS again!

Get your arse online again son :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

I thought you rented one of these boys:

jeeves.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Played on the server earlier. Attacking on Kharg Island playing Rush. Was against a load of VFI guys, and tearing it up in the Viper on my own. Then twice, both times mid flight I was forced to switch. Now I understand about server balance and all that jazz. But I think it was fairly obvious what was being done as the VFI lads were up against it tbh till I switched over the first time. Why they didn't have a couple of IGLA's is beyond me but anyway. Few other Boardsies who had joined and I was playing with were equally baffled by this.

As well as that, one of them was circling the airfield in Caspian Border every now and again and as soon as our jet spawned it was disabled if not destroyed. Didn't have a chance to move let alone make it off the runway. While I learned my lesson quickly, it was very annoying tactic(s) to see a clan of 4 or 5 guys if not more resort to. We did win both games but that's neither here nor there.

-Ade- wrote: »
    Played on the server earlier. Attacking on Kharg Island playing Rush. Was against a load of VFI guys, and tearing it up in the Viper on my own. Then twice, both times mid flight I was forced to switch. Now I understand about server balance and all that jazz. But I think it was fairly obvious what was being done as the VFI lads were up against it tbh till I switched over the first time. Why they didn't have a couple of IGLA's is beyond me but anyway. Few other Boardsies who had joined and I was playing with were equally baffled by this.

As well as that, one of them was circling the airfield in Caspian Border every now and again and as soon as our jet spawned it was disabled if not destroyed. Didn't have a chance to move let alone make it off the runway. While I learned my lesson quickly, it was very annoying tactic(s) to see a clan of 4 or 5 guys if not more resort to. We did win both games but that's neither here nor there.

Hey mate, can you recall who was on from VFI? I take a pretty hard stance on any of my Admins pulling any ****, so if they are up to it while I am not around obviously I'd like to strip those guys of their Admin rights. I only hit the server at about midnight. Now, the second I hit the server I moved a guy from the team most of VFI was on, to balance the game, I was on the other side and we were outnumbered by 3, this would have been about midnight as I said.

Edit : If you can recall the rough time of the game it will give me more info for my interrogations.

• Advertisement

I was on my mess about/secondary account, OpTik_el_Nino which isn't linked to Origin and Battlelog so I cannot check it myself. But I will check one of the lad's profiles on there when I get a chance as I'm on the phone atm. The game(s) should be on their front page under most recent games. You were definitely not on anyway at the time LF, we played about 3 or 4 games on your server at a rough guess, from around 11pm.

Obviously I wouldn't be able to tell who was switching me now, but I'll look for the guy in the jet circling the runway on Caspian anyway. It was a shame because while I played muck in that final game that we played on Caspian, it was a quite intense, hard fought and enjoyable match overall. Kharg was just irritating, as I was switched while I was in the Viper one time.

Jkay_Sword

By the way LF, I'm not wanting you to demote him as such or anything of that nature. But the fact that such things were being resorted to when I and the other lads were at a disadvantage and tbh, playing a badly ourselves as it was as well as up against half a dozen of them was frustrating is all as I've stressed before.

-Ade- wrote: »
    By the way LF, I'm not wanting you to demote him as such or anything of that nature. But the fact that such things were being resorted to when I and the other lads were at a disadvantage and tbh, playing a badly ourselves as it was as well as up against half a dozen of them was frustrating is all as I've stressed before.

No worries dude, I completely understand where you are coming from. The funny thing is that the dude is damn good in a Jet.

What I did last night was tell all the guys that we need to be pretty damn careful when we are moving guys, try and make sure they are not moving people from vehicles and only EVER move from the bottom of the list to balance a game.

I didn't want to accuse anyone of anything, much the same way as I don't kick a dude for glitching or something unless I have seen it myself.

Hopefully that will be the end of it now.

Advertisement