Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middleton Park House,Kilbeggan

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anybody get married or attend a wedding here in recent times?
    What were the positives & negatives?
    I'd greatly appreciate ye're thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've worked there numerous times. It's a lovely place and quite unique in its layout. The hall for music is acoustically difficult and as the bar is in
    a different room the crowd can vary but i like it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

sweetie wrote: »
    I've worked there numerous times. It's a lovely place and quite unique in its layout. The hall for music is acoustically difficult and as the bar is in
    a different room the crowd can vary but i like it a lot.

Same here. Not so much the hall for music but the bottom of the stairs!!

bit mad.

hard not to like the place though. thumbs up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

We were going to book this venue as we both liked it.

BUT we viewed the venue twice and each time there was a very strong DAMP smell in the downstairs bedrooms and this put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 OhTeddyTeddy

We got married there during the summer. Really liked the place. Its impressive but not too overbearing the way these country homes can be, and there lies its charm. We had a band at the stairs like most people and had only one of the bars open. But this works out fine as most elderly people can relax in the bar and not have to hear the loud music. I liked it but obviously I would say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 athlone town

Anybody have an upcoming wedding booked for middleton park house, I have wedding booked for this year and have found out the place is up for sale,have been told by directors of mph that it is fine,which we expected them to say,we're worried they might go into liquidation just before our wedding and we're left high and dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Anybody have an upcoming wedding booked for middleton park house, I have wedding booked for this year and have found out the place is up for sale,have been told by directors of mph that it is fine,which we expected them to say,we're worried they might go into liquidation just before our wedding and we're left high and dry

The house is being sold as a going concern. ie as a business which includes future bookings and their facebook page says theyre selling due to owners illness so I wouldn't be too worried.

Have you wedding insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 athlone town

Yea we have insurance,we were told it has future bookings and is financially safe but have found out the owner is broke and none of the building work that was supposed to be finished in march has commenced,we picked mph as we loved the building and heard excellent reports about the food and staff

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

Went to a wedding here as a guest last year on possibly the hottest day of the year! They really had packed an awful lot of people in to make it work and it was very cramped and because of the design of the room the view of the top table was limited.
    There was no air con and I found the dancehall being in the hall way at the foot of the stairs a bit odd! The conservatory and bar were beautiful and overall it was nice and the food was excellent!

Advertisement