Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent supplement documentation

Options
  • 14-08-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

hi there. Just wandering why in different health centers they need different documents...as far as I know(from social welfare website and from lady in Lisburn str health centre) I need proof of renting house in last 6 months OR letter from Dublin City Council that I'm on housing list. Today I went to Health Centre in Quarry Rd and the other lady said that I need both documents- proof of renting over last 6 months and letter from Dublin city Council...I was surprised, why then website says something different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭decmanning

I have found that a lot of community welfare officers and offices have different rules and it does not seem to be an across the board definite list of things you need, just depends what office you go into and the person you get

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sandra0701

decmanning wrote: »
    I have found that a lot of community welfare officers and offices have different rules and it does not seem to be an across the board definite list of things you need, just depends what office you go into and the person you get
    yea, you're right, that's what I think, but there is one law for all the departments and offices so it should be respected in one way...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Rent supplement is part of the supplementary welfare scheme and as such the payments are at the discretion of the CWO that you may be dealing with.Therefore each CWO may and is allowed to ask for what doc's they deem necessary for each claim.

thanks mp22 for your response

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

How do you go about getting on to the housing list?

Do you need 6 months proof of renting to get on to the housing list or is that just for the rent supplement?

• Advertisement

No you do not need to be 6 months renting to go on the housing list, you must howver have a local connection to the council you are applying to ie living in the area or have familiy in the area. Also not all community welfare officers require you to be living in private rented accommodation for 6 months in order to be eligable for rent allowance, i think most of them in Dublin dont require you to and i know that definitly meath cwo's do not require that, the biggest delay for you will be getting a letter from the council to state that you are on the housing list, once you make the application it has to go to be approved, then processed and then placed on the housing list, this can take 6 - 8 weeks

Also just go to your local council, go to the housing counter, ask for an application form and ask the person what you need to submit, get everything together then bring the application back to the council, citizens information are also very good if you get confused or are unsure about anything, the new housing application forms brough it April 2011 are very confusing and require a lot of details

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

Thanks

is just for the rent supplement, I rent houses in Ireland over 8 years...so is much longer than 6 months:) Lady in Dublin City Council said to me, that I need stamp from tax office, but for this I need new contract for new place, which I still don't have, I will be given tomorrow, so straight after that I'm going to tax office and then with stamped form to dublin city council, she said that this is no problem, she will give me the letter...

You dont need a new contract to get the tax form stamped, all you need to provide to the tax office to get the form stamped is your current address (even if you are moving out soon), previous address and you PPS number

• Advertisement

You dont need a new contract to get the tax form stamped, all you need to provide to the tax office to get the form stamped is your current address (even if you are moving out soon), previous address and you PPS number

Really? but how can I proof then my new address? I don't have anything with my name and new address..

you dont need to prove you address to the tax office, they do their checks based on your pps number, they only ask for current and previous address in case nothing shows up for the pps number

you dont need to prove you address to the tax office, they do their checks based on your pps number, they only ask for current and previous address in case nothing shows up for the pps number

oh, it's great to hear that, thanks!!!!

Advertisement