Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Banks solo album 'Banks'

Options
  • 14-08-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Really looking forward to this. Out on October 13th. Just going with his real name now instead of Julian Plenti.

Paul-Banks-Banks.jpg

Two tracks have been heard already 'Summertime Is Coming' (previously released on the 'Julian Plenti Lives' EP)

'The Base' is the newest track heard, and is the first song on the album. Personally I think it's a brilliant track.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

so guys, any comment on this? the album should be already out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Blackpitts wrote: »
    so guys, any comment on this? the album should be already out now.

Been listening to it for over a week now and I think it's really, really good. Even the Instrumentals are beautiful to listen to, and I'm someone who never likes them taking up space on an album.

Standout tracks for me are "I'll Sue You", that riff at the start is fantastic and the song is darkly outstanding. "Paid For That" is my personal favourite, can't stop listening to it. Probably the closest song to Interpol on the album too. Think it's an album that takes about a week of listening to fully savour.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Completely forgot about this, must pick it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

Have to get this tonight,
    I see on Pitchfork he's also going to be taking the lead role in a movie.

Any chance he'd tour this? If not, can't wait to see Interpol again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Corholio wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this. Out on October 13th. Just going with his real name now instead of Julian Plenti.

Paul-Banks-Banks.jpg

Two tracks have been heard already 'Summertime Is Coming' (previously released on the 'Julian Plenti Lives' EP)

'The Base' is the newest track heard, and is the first song on the album. Personally I think it's a brilliant track.

My only hope is that the lyrics are better thought out than the album title.

• Advertisement

Have to get this tonight,
    I see on Pitchfork he's also going to be taking the lead role in a movie.

Any chance he'd tour this? If not, can't wait to see Interpol again.

Playing The Academy January 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

It's on spotify either. It's a good listen.

Corholio wrote: »
    Playing The Academy January 20th

Ta for that, mate on facebook only told me last night. Definitely going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Really liking the album. Have ticket for January gig. He was far more comfortable looking and looking happy in himself at his previous solo gig than in many an Interpol show. Not to say he is unhappy in the band but just he seems a lot looser on his own.

The video for the new single is great.

Here's a little behind the scenes for anyone interested.

Really liking the album. Have ticket for January gig. He was far more comfortable looking and looking happy in himself at his previous solo gig than in many an Interpol show. Not to say he is unhappy in the band but just he seems a lot looser on his own.

The video for the new single is great.

Here's a little behind the scenes for anyone interested.
    i find the whole persona of Interpol as a band to be a bit that way, there's a rigidity to them, but think it's just part of the whole idea of what interpol is. I guess he can forget about that stuff in his solo shows

Really looking forward to it anyway. It was snowing the last time I saw him with Interpol in the Olympia and a quote from a guy in front of me still makes me laugh

"They love the silhouettes, don't they?" so very true.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The video above is not bad at all. Pitchfork don't really like it though... ;)

seachto7 wrote: »
    The video above is not bad at all. Pitchfork don't really like it though... ;)

That has it confirmed for me that it's a good video :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The album I meant

seachto7 wrote: »
    The album I meant

Also confirms the album is great ;)

Advertisement