Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clane college games design

Options
  • 13-08-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking at doing the part time computer games design course in clane college link http://www.clanecollege.com/cc/index.php/game-design/introduction-to-game-dev-a-design
    I have a full time job and my interest in computer games is huge I.e have all consoles, play loads etc.. So I like the idea of being able to make my own.
    My question is having not done anything art related before will this hinder me?
    Also, has anyone on here done this course and can offer some input on what it is like?
    Ned

Mods can move this if you think it will get an answer elsewhere :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Could a mod perhaps move this to the college forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

To be honest I'd grab a PC - the modding community is huge and is really the only 'amateur' way to break into the industry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Not having experience in arty stuff won't hinder you too much I imagine. Might be a good idea to take a look online for a beginners guide/intro to programming/photoshop etc so you know what you'll be getting yourself in for.

Advertisement