Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot lid keeps opening on skoda superb

Options
  • 13-08-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a problem with the boot lid on my 07 skoda superb saloon. It keeps opening. It only started a day or two ago but will not stay shut only for seconds now. the only tell tail sign was that it stopped opening fron the button on the boot lid itself but continued to open from the pull button inside the car. the open switch on the lid still feels as if its working - can hear the click. the only way to keep it closed at present is to disconnect the solenoid and open with the key in the barrell lock on the lid itself, very awkard. great car all said and done, 1.9tdi.
    any information on similiar cars , skoda, passat, a4.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

ntech wrote: »
    I have a problem with the boot lid on my 07 skoda superb saloon. It keeps opening. It only started a day or two ago but will not stay shut only for seconds now. the only tell tail sign was that it stopped opening fron the button on the boot lid itself but continued to open from the pull button inside the car. the open switch on the lid still feels as if its working - can hear the click. the only way to keep it closed at present is to disconnect the solenoid and open with the key in the barrell lock on the lid itself, very awkard. great car all said and done, 1.9tdi.
    any information on similiar cars , skoda, passat, a4.

I'd first start by checking the button that's not working. The wire could of come off it and its hitting the metal inside the boot lid and the system thinks it wants to open the boot. Or the wire could be shorted to ground some where.

I'm not too familiar with the superb, but i would guess the unlock function is done by a module some where in the car. If you could plug on with diagnostics you'd be able to see exactly what the input status is. But more than likely its what i've said above and would start by investigating the switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dieseljohnny

Check to see if the passenger side floor is wet.

I suspect you have a problem with the convenience control unit located under the passengers side carpet

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ntech

I have taken everything apart in the boot lid itself and all is in order in there. the solenoid works as it should. I put a voltmeter on the connector of the solenoid and it keeps dropping off - like pulsing this is what keeps operating the solenoid. also i see now that when i press the key once to unlock the drivers door it opens the boot now as well. this was never the case. so i think 'dieseljohnny' you maybe on to something with that passanger convenience unit. is that under the carper in the footwell somewhere - is it front or back seats ??

thanks for info..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dieseljohnny

Under the carpet in front of passenger seat.

Common enough problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ntech

good man, I 'll have a look. sound.:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement