Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Desktop circa €600

Options
  • 13-08-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Looking to save for a new gaming computer :)

1. What is your budget? [€550 - 650]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming videos, gaming, mild editing] (Would like to be able to play Skyrim/BFBC3 not essential!)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes, preferably Windows 7 64 bit]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [None Needed]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [No]

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Laser] Pretty much anything to be honest

9. When are you purchasing? [Unsure, depends on what I decide to buy and cost]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Might need help - South Dublin]

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Item|Price
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€36.16
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA 3 6GB/s|€75.59
    BitFenix Merc Beta|€33.20
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€42.20
    Samsung SH-222BB schwarz|€16.60
    ASRock B75 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX|€72.44
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7850 Coolstream Edition, 2GB GDDR5|€223.05
    Intel Core i3-2120 Box, LGA1155|€111.95
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€630.18

A little over budget you could drop the Motherboard down to the mATX (smaller version saving €10 and a 1GB 7850 saving about €30 a 500GB HDD is also a possibility.). I'd personally chuck windows 8RC on this but you can buy windows 7 from Software4students.ie for €55.

This should run BF3 in very high detail in campaign mode - might be a bit slower on Skyrim and BF3 online as they need more CPU grunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 markn228

Looks good! Thanks! I'll probably drop the Hard Drive a bit because I have a 2.5tb external hard drive :) Also might wait to see more about windows 8 because with the windows pattern we're due crap :P Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

Dont mean to jump in on the thread but when you say you can get Windows 7 from Software4students.ie for €55, all I can see is Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Upgrade Edition? Can you use this for a build from scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

segasega wrote: »
    Dont mean to jump in on the thread but when you say you can get Windows 7 from Software4students.ie for €55, all I can see is Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Upgrade Edition? Can you use this for a build from scratch?

It would be against the charter to discuss the various ways the upgrade can be used for a clean (or as microsoft calls it a custom) install.

Advertisement