Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis Club

Options
  • 13-08-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm interested in joining a tennis club and was just looking for some feedback.
    I'm living in Ballinteer area but having done some research, I cannot find any clubs in the area. I have a car so I can travel - this is not a major deterrent.
    Has anyone any recommendations?
    At the moment I'm looking at Mount Pleasant and Claremont Railway Tennis Club.
    I'd appreciate it if anyone could give some feedback on these clubs or if you have any other club suggestions I'd like to hear them.
    E.G. of Type of feedback - good value (price), good social aspect, in house competitions, joining fee, person to vouch for you etc.

Few details about myself that might help. In my mid twenties. Male. Fit. Would have played tennis competitively until mid teens but gave it up for other sports. Have played sociable since a bit but not too often (once every two months).
    There are two or three of us that would like to join - a beginner (female) and then another girl that plays very regularly but is not affliated to any club at the moment.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Volvic12 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm interested in joining a tennis club and was just looking for some feedback.
    I'm living in Ballinteer area but having done some research, I cannot find any clubs in the area. I have a car so I can travel - this is not a major deterrent.
    Has anyone any recommendations?
    At the moment I'm looking at Mount Pleasant and Claremont Railway Tennis Club.
    I'd appreciate it if anyone could give some feedback on these clubs or if you have any other club suggestions I'd like to hear them.
    E.G. of Type of feedback - good value (price), good social aspect, in house competitions, joining fee, person to vouch for you etc.

Few details about myself that might help. In my mid twenties. Male. Fit. Would have played tennis competitively until mid teens but gave it up for other sports. Have played sociable since a bit but not too often (once every two months).
    There are two or three of us that would like to join - a beginner (female) and then another girl that plays very regularly but is not affliated to any club at the moment.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

I would recommend taking a look at templeouge tennis club, which I think is much nearer to you than Mount pleasant is. There is also Glenalbyn tennis club which located where Kilmacud Crokes GAA club is located. These are the 2 that spring to mind that are closer to you but I am sure there are some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

I'm a member of Mount Pleasant and I love it. Very friendly, social, open minded and busy in terms of tournaments, leagues etc.

Price wise it's not the cheapest but good value I think. No joining fee or waiting list. I think there's a new member offer of a voucher for Martyn Evans Sports or free coaching. And no need for vouching.

Mightn't be the closest to Ballinteer although you do get to park in the private car park even if you're not playing. Very handy to park, grab a Dublin bike and avoid the traffic / parking charges of the city centre. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Hi Volvic12

You can get a full list of Dublin clubs on the tennisireland.ie website, there is no shortage in South Dublin, each club offering their own unique flavour so you just need to find which one suits you.

On Saturday week we're having a social mixed doubles tournament which is open to non members. It is graded according loosely according to standard & partners are assigned on check in so you just need to bring yourself! Sign in for the tournament is 3pm & fee is 10 eur which includes prizes, balls & the BBQ after. Full details on our website/facebook page

No better way to try a club than to come down and play! If you have any questions, give Dee a ring on 497 3733 and she will tell you everything you need to know.

Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MtPleasantLTC

Just in case Saturday 25th doesn't suit you, we operate a guest pass system where you can get a pass from the office to try out our social doubles which is organised every Friday night. Just give the office a call on 01 497 3733 and ask about it.
    Cheers,
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Thanks Ciara, for the reply. I will try and attend next weekend although I may be caught with a prior engagement. If I cant make it I'll get on to the office about the guess pass system.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dondi

You can also play in Marley Park, I am looking at the moment for tennis partner, maybe you and your friends would be interested, I am beginner female
    Cheers

Advertisement