Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@mac.com

Options
  • 13-08-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    my mother never did the switchover to icloud when she had to, and I'm having trouble getting her @mac.com email working.... cant send to it..... can't send from it.... but her @me address is working ok.
    Have tried to set it up on Lion Mail, iOS Mail etc but no joy....
    Can log in on iCloud.com using the @mac username but only get @me options for sending mails.
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Assuming she uses Mail to send e mails, she should just select with e mail address she wants to use from the options on the top bar of the mail window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Hey,
    my mother never did the switchover to icloud when she had to, and I'm having trouble getting her @mac.com email working.... cant send to it..... can't send from it.... but her @me address is working ok.
    Have tried to set it up on Lion Mail, iOS Mail etc but no joy....
    Can log in on iCloud.com using the @mac username but only get @me options for sending mails.
    Any suggestions?

First sentence answers your question. Because the time has passed and the account was not switched over, the mac.com email address is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah they gave people a June deadline to move, which they then extended until the end of July. So if she didn't do that her @mac address is gone I believe.

Advertisement