Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Horse Show Fashion

Options
  • 13-08-2012 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I decided to create my own thread to see if i can get answers from people who have been to the Dublin Horse Show. I'm going on Saturday the 18th. I know its not Ladies Day but I want to dress up. However I don't want to stick out if most of the people are dressed quite casual. I'm only 15 so bear in mind i wont be doing much socializing or drinking champagne. I never been before but i imagin that my family and i will just be watching the jumping and walking around looking at things. Here's a picture of what I'm planning on wearing->
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/84840402@N05/7772619346/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/84840402@N05/7772635624/in/photostream/
    Anyway there you go and please give your honest opinions but only if you have been to the Horse Show please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭fits

They're lovely, but honestly I'd wear more comfortable shoes. There can be a lot of walking involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

I thought it was quite casual when I was there to be honest. I would agree with fits about the shoes too, I found the day tiring as there are a lot of stands to see and then a good bit of walking between the different rings for the jumping etc, not to mention throngs of people, so the shoes may kill you after a while........although you could bring some flats in your bag just in case?
    If I was going again it would definately be jeans and comfortable heels for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Heyyy,

Well, you can wear whatever you like really! That outfit definitely isn't that dressy, and is really nice!! I'd second the "bring flats" thing though, because even though those shoes aren't that high or anything, you don't wanna be hobbling around, or feeling uncomfortable if you're there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

To be honest about 70% of the crowds have just rolled off the yards and are still in yard attire. The other 30% of the crowd members who may not be riders do not dress fancy at all. If you'd like to dress up a bit how about nice jeans, blouse and a blazer? Comfy shoes are essential too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

The only day you'd really see people dressed up is Ladies Day on the Thursday. In all honesty, I wear jeans, a tshirt and wellies. There's a lot of walking, and a lot of mud.

You won't see many people dressed up on any day other than Ladies day. Most people are in yard gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 clodarose

Thanks to everyone for responding I have decided to take ye're advice and go more casual especially considering the amount of walking that we'll be doing. So I'm going to keep that outfit for later that night when we go for dinner :) Thanks again to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

A little off topic but sticking to the theme but last year or the year before (I can't remember which), a completely random strange man came up to me and said "I LOVE your shoes" and then left again... :confused: Was quite odd!

Anyways, I would also bring flat shoes. There's nothing wrong with the dress though, if you wanted to wear it. Could be cold though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

This was the Saturday of the Dublin Horse Show last year :)

305336_10150315335241433_1251414853_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clodarose

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    This was the Saturday of the Dublin Horse Show last year :)

305336_10150315335241433_1251414853_n.jpg

wow i hope the weather wont be that bad this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

I think its lovely that you want to get dressed up for it:) However comfortable footwear is key as it can be a long day and if you want to see a good selection of classes you will be walking between the RDS & Simmonscourt multiple times - also stands for popular events fill up very quickly & no seating at other rings so you may be on your feet for along time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Gorgeous outfit! However I have to agree with the above; other than ladies day I've either been in yard stuff having gone straight there or else as above, jeans, nice top and a blazer :) comfy shoes a MUST though, there really is a lot of walking!! Have a great time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 KazNCD

Another one who agrees with the jeans, top and comfy shoes option plus a rain jacket that you can fold into your bag.

Advertisement