Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gen on PickTV

Options
  • 13-08-2012 2:19pm

Just a quick note to let you all know that Star Trek: The Next Generation kicks off today on PickTV.

Episode air every weekday at 6am and 7pm.

"Encounter at Farpoint, Part I" is being shown today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

Just a quick note to let you all know that Star Trek: The Next Generation kicks off today on PickTV.

Episode air every weekday at 6am and 7pm.

"Encounter at Farpoint, Part I" is being shown today.

I wonder if Star Trek got CBS a lot of viewers so SKY is trying the same with it's Pick TV? They all seem to avoid DS9 like the plague.

Its odd that isn't it? Mind you 3e showed Deep Space Nine on a Saturday and Sunday morning slot at like 8am or 9am up until a few months ago - sadly with no sign of a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

CBS Action started with TOS then did TNG and DS9, it's still doing Voyager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ugh, Star Trek over the tv? No thanks.

Terrible quality video
    Ads
    Ads
    &
    Ads

EnterNow wrote: »

Terrible quality video
    Ads
    Ads
    &
    Ads

I'm not sure if it was up for the entire show but while Q was on the bridge PickTV had and over lay saying more Star Trek on Sky Atlantic in the top left, two small lines but really irritating for the 2 minutes I watched.

• Advertisement

Yes it's up the entire time as PickTV is meant to act as a "here is what is on the other side" for Sky. We were stuck for that for the two seasons of Voyager that they showed too.

I'm looking forward to seeing one or two of the episodes from season one that I have not seen in a while. Mind you, I have the Next Gen bluray sampler disk, and Farpoint looks far better, its almost like a different show.

CBS Action started with TOS then did TNG and DS9, it's still doing Voyager.

When did they show DS9? It's says they did on wikipedia which is strange because I was watching out for it, I remember they showed TOS, TNG skipped DS9 and then Voyager.

EnterNow wrote: »

Terrible quality video
    Ads
    Ads
    &
    Ads

Your right, but where can you get better quality Star Trek? Even the DVDs look pretty bad on modern TVs. I tried netflix recently, quality disappointing. Regarding the ads.. DVR :) Blu ray's expensive :eek::eek:

johnmryan wrote: »
    When did they show DS9? It's says they did on wikipedia which is strange because I was watching out for it, I remember they showed TOS, TNG skipped DS9 and then Voyager.

I think I have my order mixed up and it was TOS, DS9, VOY and then TNG but it was last summer that they started it.

johnmryan wrote: »
    Your right, but where can you get better quality Star Trek? Even the DVDs look pretty bad on modern TVs. I tried netflix recently, quality disappointing. Regarding the ads.. DVR :) Blu ray's expensive :eek::eek:

The order of quality goes:

Blu Ray
    Dvd
    Tv.

And tv is far worse than dvd for quality, the tv stream is heavily compressed. Yes the dvd's arn't even great but its a 22 year old show, dvd standard should be the absolute least its watched in.

As for DVR's, had one & got rid of it. I don't watch tv on tv per se anymore, it's just a horrible thing to endure. There are far better ways of enjoying your fav shows :)

• Advertisement

Well as for the quality of the Next Gen, yes its not the best, but as I can't afford the blurays of the season set(s), then I'll have to stick with what I get aired for me by the networks!!!

Well as for the quality of the Next Gen, yes its not the best, but as I can't afford the blurays of the season set(s), then I'll have to stick with what I get aired for me by the networks!!!

The dvd's are dirt cheap these days

That's true and the only season I don't have is season 1! But my view on it is that I'll more than likely be replacing the sets in a few years time with the BR anyway!

I think I paid €14 with delivery.

Advertisement