Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing social welfare

Options
  • 13-08-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there could anyone give me some info please on changing my social welfare office...I am moving from the cork area to a new address in a house share in galway city as I will be starting college there soon.. I am wondering will there be a delay in payment and what info will I have to supply??? Is it straight forward and will it affect my entitlement to back to education and fuel allowance?

Any info much appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Call into the cork office and inform them what's happening,when you move to Galway you will probably have to provide evidence of your new address ect.
    Transferring your claim could take a couple of weeks depending on how busy the office's are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aoh2012

Thank you for you reply

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

mp22 wrote: »
    Call into the cork office and inform them what's happening,when you move to Galway you will probably have to provide evidence of your new address ect.
    Transferring your claim could take a couple of weeks depending on how busy the office's are.

You're spot on, although technically, the OP doesn't need to attend Cork LO, all he/she has to do is attend Galway LO and request a transfer there.

OP, if you have to attend Cork LO before you go to Galway anyway for signing or whatever, then notify them while you're there. But it doesn't have to be done and won't speed up the transfer in any way tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheJinMu

If you have been awarded Back to education allowance I'm pretty sure it goes into your bank a/c and that you dont need to give them your new address or sign for the 8 or 9 months. But you'll need to have qualified for this before starting your course.

Advertisement