Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercer in London

Options
  • 12-08-2012 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Two requests (quite tame :)), if anyone can help me out.

1. Could someone point me towards a good ear lobe stretching guide online? I've been googling but there are a lot of guides out there I'd like to read up on something that I can trust.

2. Since I actually need to get my ears pierced before I can consider stretching them (I've been meaning to do this for ages but something else always comes up!), could anyone recommend a good piercer and jewellery supplier in London - North or North West would be preferred, but Central is fine too? I'd like to go to a piercer where I can get good advice on stretching as well as the piercing, aftercare, etc.

Thanks,
    Jack.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

If you're willing to go to a piercer to get your ears pierced then why not have them do the stretching for you also. Stretching can vary greatly from person to person and going too quickly can lead to some nasty consequences. A good competent piercer will know how far to push your ears with each stretch. I've had a lot of DIY stretching jobs call into my studio recently with nasty blowouts. It really is something that should be left to someone who has proper training on the procedure and limits. I hope this helps.

If you're willing to go to a piercer to get your ears pierced then why not have them do the stretching for you also. Stretching can vary greatly from person to person and going too quickly can lead to some nasty consequences. A good competent piercer will know how far to push your ears with each stretch. I've had a lot of DIY stretching jobs call into my studio recently with nasty blowouts. It really is something that should be left to someone who has proper training on the procedure and limits. I hope this helps.

It's not that difficult to wait 3 months between stretches, to stretch 1mm at a time and if it hurts, to stop and wait longer. People who get blowouts either don't wait long enough, or skip sizes. In my opinion, if you're smart about stretching, it's better to do it yourself. For one thing, a piercer won't know if it hurts when they're stretching for you, so won't know to stop if that's necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I can't see that you need a piercer to stretch. wear heavy jewellry and only size up when it just falls through unaided.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm looking for a decent piercer so I've got the option of getting them to do the stretching (or at least provide good advice). I need to find a decent piercer first though :)

Tbh, I'm looking to go up to 8-10 mm (although I may go beyond that depending on how it looks at that gauge) so I'm happy to try it myself and will be very, very patient. Tbh I had found some guides that said you could start 2 months after the initial piercing but that seemed a bit quick.

bodice ripper, thanks for your advice but I'm not interested in stretching using weights or heavy jewelery. I want to make sure the stretches are even and since I haven't done this before I want to choose the most reliable method.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭piercingdanny

Everyone's ears have limits. I've had some people whose ears won't take a 1mm stretch. It all depends on the elasticity really. You also have the option of going straight in at the deep end and getting them punched straight to 10mm. A bit more extreme but it does lessen the risk of getting oblong/uneven stretches. It saves money in the long run and you don't have a load of leftover jewellery that is now too small!!! It is a bit more extreme though !!

Everyone's ears have limits. I've had some people whose ears won't take a 1mm stretch. It all depends on the elasticity really. You also have the option of going straight in at the deep end and getting them punched straight to 10mm. A bit more extreme but it does lessen the risk of getting oblong/uneven stretches. It saves money in the long run and you don't have a load of leftover jewellery that is now too small!!! It is a bit more extreme though !!

However, punching removes tissue which means that ultimately he wouldn't be able to stretch up much further if he decides he'd like to. His ears would also end up thinner so wouldn't look as nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Yeah, I'm not looking to get punches done. Thanks for the advice though.

Advertisement