Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice on entitlements!!!

Options
  • 12-08-2012 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi folks, was looking for advice. I have recently bought a house down the country closer to my family with my husband and have handed in my notice in work. I finished up work last week, I would of liked to stay on but the commute to work in Dublin is impossible as I have to leave home at 5am etc...and I finish late. I am currently looking to gain full employment down the country but I am wondering in the meantime, am I entitled to any form of benefit? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

No entitlement for a number of months if you voluntarily leave your job. Have a look at www.welfare.ie and the conditions for qualifying for benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Its 9 weeks if you leave your job voluntarily.
    You could go in and see if they will accept you moving house at exceptional circumstances but I wouldnt hold out too much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

I think it would be very harsh if you were denied Jobseekers Benefit because you had to give up your job when you moved house. Go to your local office and talk to them. If you had any reasons that you had to move such as your parents were elderly and needed your support or that you needed help with childcare then the Social Protection people would take this into consideration. Moving house is not just like giving up your job because you felt like it, it's a major life decision, go talk to them, they will take all of your circumstances into account when deciding if you will get a payment immediately.

Advertisement