Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport express extending eircom wifi range

Options
  • 12-08-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I've been trying to extend my eircom broadbands wifi range for a number of months using a couple of Apple's airport express', but no joy.

I can connect the express' to the network, use AirPlay and extend the network using Ethernet, but anytime I try extending wifi with the airport express, the express vanishes from the network.

I had it set up before to extend wifi, but with software updates and other things, I changed settings and can't get them back.

Would love some help with this.
    Thanks in advance
    Mick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

I think it depends what eircom router you have. Most have something called 'bridging mode' I think, where as the name suggests you can bridge two routers together on the one wifi network. I'd look into that

Advertisement