Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This week-nasty interviewing

Options
  • 12-08-2012 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭

Could have the wrong name of rte 1 programme on at the moment but I can't get over the negative interviewing of Sonia o Sullivan re the homecoming of the athletes (or lack of). Anyone else hear it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I half-heard it (poor radio reception, noisy environment) and thought it appalling. I actually come here to see if there was more information.

It seemed to be based on the premise that the political and media mob can take ownership of anything.

Bullying Sonia O'Sullivan is a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

honeybear wrote: »
    Could have the wrong name of rte 1 programme on at the moment but I can't get over the negative interviewing of Sonia o Sullivan re the homecoming of the athletes (or lack of). Anyone else hear it?

Yes, the brodcaster tried to push the term "fiasco" down Sonia's throath.
    The whole interview was very agressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Have followed the Olympics and have only heard praise regarding Sonia's role. Dont think interviewer was fair to her. Michael ring was then interviewed by the other presenter and I think he (no doubt used to such an inquisition) was able to deal with the criticism better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JoeGil wrote: »
    Yes, the brodcaster tried to push the term "fiasco" down Sonia's throath. The whole interview was very agressive.

Yeah I thought it was over the top. Fair enough if it had been that OCI gobsh1te Pat Hickey as he's been involved in more fiascos than the FAI, but it's really not up to Sonia to be held accountable for this..

I think Sonia should have played it down more, and not even indulge the sensationalist questions posed by the interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Yeah I thought it was over the top. Fair enough if it had been that OCI gobsh1te Pat Hickey as he's been involved in more fiascos than the FAI, but it's really not up to Sonia to be held accountable for this...
    I share your view of Pat Hickey, but not even he should have been given that treatment on this issue. The team management were within their rights to decline to have their return home taken over by politicians and their lackeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

That interview struck me as very odd too, ridiculously sensationalist & aggressive, about how it was a fiasco and that there's widespread upset that there's no parade, when in reality no one cares. Only lazy media and Lord Mayors want these parade cringefests. Sonia should have told her where to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

I don't blame the athletes one bit. On the night that Katie Taylor won the gold she was dragged off to the "Irish House" by Michael Ring and Pat Hickey. Newstalk's Ken Early captured the political opportunism in all it's glory...

Ken Early ‏@kenearlys audio recording - katie taylor (& her dad peter, & minister michael ring, & pat hickey) goes to london's irish house http://soundcloud.com/kenearly/katie-taylor-in-the-pub …

Katie's farther was not best pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

parasite wrote: »
    That interview struck me as very odd too, ridiculously sensationalist & aggressive, about how it was a fiasco and that there's widespread upset that there's no parade, when in reality no one cares. Only lazy media and Lord Mayors want these parade cringefests. Sonia should have told her where to go

It must be terribly cynical and depressing existing in a world where 'no one cares'. Sadly for you, it's not this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I heard the interview and I couldn't believe how aggressive it was. They were both almost fighting. I thought it was so pathetic how a relatively successful Olympics was quickly given a negative spin over something as stupid as a homecoming ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

I can't understand why Sonia agreed to the interview as she is not a media performer. She did say, re the vote, that she asked the athletes she knew. Not very clever in my view. It was a gem for RTE hence its use even though pre-recorded and probably not even edited down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement