Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Chrome opening new windows!!

Options
  • 12-08-2012 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is not the right area to post this...

lately I've noticed that Google Chrome keeps opening up new windows and it's driving me mad! When a new tab is opened and a page is loading, suddenly it moves to a brand new window! Any ideas how to stop this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

Is it just a specific webpage this is happening on or is it multiple different sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

multiple sites! It's just a random thing. Before I realise it I have 3 or 4 new windows open with various sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tommay

It's possible you may have malware running on your system.

I'd suggest downloading Malwarebytes and running a full scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Go to control panel - internet options - advanced - reset.

(if you have installed certificates (ie Revenue online) they will need to be reinstalled. Bit of a pain.

Hope it helps.

If this doesn't work I'd go with the above suggestion of possible malware - checkout MBAM.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

Thanks! I actually have MalwareBytes but haven't run it in while. Will try that now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement