Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon USB Key

Options
  • 11-08-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey, I'm thinking of turning one of my old pokemon game cartridges into a USB key, since I already have the ROMs on my laptop. I've done this before with a GBA cart for another game as a trial, then sold it on eBay.

It worked out pretty well, I just can't decide which cartridge to use. I have pokemon Blue, Gold and Emerald on hand at the moment, but wouldn't mind getting my hands on a different game.

The GBA games are smaller, so they take up less space, though I'm sure I could find a use for the added space in a GB cartridge.

My question is, which pokemon game should I use and why? Any game for the Gameboy or GameboyAdvance with the word pokemon in its name will do. Heck, anything with a cool looking cartridge like Perfect Dark or Oracle of Ages would be fine too, I just can't decide.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Why would you do this? :o People will pay for those games on adverts and ebay now, they're still awesome. You can buy a usb key for like €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It would seem cruel to destroy a perfectly good Pokécart. Buy a cheap chinese knockoff and convert that. You're helping to support their olympic team (citation needed) and doing your bit to preserve the worlds dwindling supply of working pokemon games. Hell, after that all you need to do is drive a Pikachu powered Prius and you're a frickin' champion.

Advertisement