Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[New]DJ Khaled f. Nas, Scarface & DJ Premier - Hip Hop

Options
  • 11-08-2012 6:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

HipHopDX.com Posted this song last night.

Scarface ****ing KILLS it, beat is bananas too, loving this track.
    Nas is Nice as ****, everything he touches the last 12 months is gold, talk about a return to form.

Song of the year for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Absolute banger, track of the year no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

its a great song but its not song of the year imo, iv heard better from life is good,lamer and schoolboy etc i could go on.

very similar song to eminems "25 to life" from recovery which is a lot better despite a premo,nas or scarface feature. Iv heard this is the song khaled wanted eminem to feature on but im glad eminem wouldnt work with such a talentless idiot.

what does khaled even do? This is not his song at all he doesnt even deserve a mention.

nas makes me laugh, talking about fake n*ggas in hip hop and he collabs with the likes of ross and this idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Agree with most of that, except the Nas part although I do not know what Khaled does. He seems more like a promotor than anything.

The song is much better than 25 to life, it is closer to I used to love her than that song but I am just getting nothing from it to say it is the best song of the year it is just a good song.

Agree with most of that, except the Nas part although I do not know what Khaled does. He seems more like a promotor than anything.

The song is much better than 25 to life, it is closer to I used to love her than that song but I am just getting nothing from it to say it is the best song of the year it is just a good song.

its true though with nas, there's a song on life is good cant remember which one but nas is going on about fake rappers and frauds when he actually has ross on the album. If you are going to be calling rappers fake at least have the intelligence not to make music with the single biggest fraud hip hop has seen. I mean imagine a VH1 behind the music with rick ross, there's nothing real about him from his name to his backround to his lryics , he's a fictional character. A commercial move by nas teaming up with him like most other rappers who do.

I use to lover by common? isnt he rapping about a woman.. i think 25 to life is much better tbh but i guess people will jump on this because of the nas,scarface and premo collab.

all i know about khaled is he use to DJ for fat joe's terror squad, makes albums totally reliant on rick ross,fat joe,lil wayne and all that crew for the best part and doesnt rap on them himself only screams stupid stuff like we da best or DJ khaled.

its true though with nas, there's a song on life is good cant remember which one but nas is going on about fake rappers and frauds when he actually has ross on the album. If you are going to be calling rappers fake at least have the intelligence not to make music with the single biggest fraud hip hop has seen. I mean imagine a VH1 behind the music with rick ross, there's nothing real about him from his name to his backround to his lryics , he's a fictional character. A commercial move by nas teaming up with him like most other rappers who do.

I use to lover by common? isnt he rapping about a woman.. i think 25 to life is much better tbh but i guess people will jump on this because of the nas,scarface and premo collab.

all i know about khaled is he use to DJ for fat joe's terror squad, makes albums totally reliant on rick ross,fat joe,lil wayne and all that crew for the best part and doesnt rap on them himself only screams stupid stuff like we da best or DJ khaled.

I do not care about Rick Ross, I heard one of his songs and that is only because of Katt Williams.

I think you missed the point of I used to love her*. It was about hip-hop. As I said this song is just good and I am not loving it (even with the big names) but the 25 to life song had an annoying beat and the lyrics were meh.

Leauge of Justice (not Terror Squad, smh) produced this apparently, Premo is just scratching. So if he is a member then fair enough he is not useless but he should shut up and keep out of the way he is very annoying.

*Me and My Girlfriend on the other hand is not about a Woman.

• Advertisement

I do not care about Rick Ross, I heard one of his songs and that is only because of Katt Williams.

I think you missed the point of I used to love her. It was about hip-hop. As I said this song is just good and I am not loving it (even with the big names) but the 25 to life song had an annoying beat and the lyrics were meh.

Terror Squad produced this apparently, Premo is just scratching. So if he is a member then fair enough he is not useless but he should shut up and keep out of the way he is very annoying.
    Terror Squad produced this apparently

terror squad are a hip hop group not producers, there not really active these days as their main man fat joe is finished and pun has passed.

I think you missed the point of I used to love her. It was about hip-hop. As I said this song is just good and I am not loving it (even with the big names) but the 25 to life song had an annoying beat and the lyrics were meh.

iv only listened to it a few times, never really liked it despite it being one of commons more popular songs. I taught eminem rapped his balls off on 25 to life but you dont like recovery so you were never going to like it as much as i do.

You said you didnt agree with the nas part when i just used rick ross as proof to prove my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Jesus, Justice Leauge not Terror Squad (:o) Cool and Dre were in TS though? But anyway, terrible mistake to make.

It is a great song but yeah. But anyway I don't think calling Nas out on this is far there is 100's of things Nas and others rap about that is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

its a great song but its not song of the year imo, iv heard better from life is good,lamer and schoolboy etc i could go on.

very similar song to eminems "25 to life" from recovery which is a lot better despite a premo,nas or scarface feature. Iv heard this is the song khaled wanted eminem to feature on but im glad eminem wouldnt work with such a talentless idiot.

what does khaled even do? This is not his song at all he doesnt even deserve a mention.

nas makes me laugh, talking about fake n*ggas in hip hop and he collabs with the likes of ross and this idiot.

He's like a boxing promoter. Really irks me when songs are DJ Khaled ft. "Great rapper X", "Commercial success A", "Token OG rapper", "Unusual rapper who divides opinion".

Oh also, he shouts DEEEEEEEE JAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY KHHHALED.

Jesus, Justice Leauge not Terror Squad (:o) Cool and Dre were in TS though? But anyway, terrible mistake to make.

i dont think they ever were, i think lil wayne or birdman signed them last year for young money or cash money.
    It is a great song but yeah. But anyway I don't think calling Nas out on this is far there is 100's of things Nas and others rap about that is not true.

ye your right :)
    He's like a boxing promoter. Really irks me when songs are DJ Khaled ft. "Great rapper X", "Commercial success A", "Token OG rapper", "Unusual rapper who divides opinion".

Oh also, he shouts DEEEEEEEE JAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY KHHHALED.

ye thats probably the best way to describe him alright. He reminds of dj drama's gangsta grillz mixtape series or dj whoo kids and clue's tapes etc only with actual commercial albums. Where usually the artist pays the dj to do a mixtape, it seems in many ways khaled does the opposite and pays the artists to do an album, smart i guess but just about anyone could do it thats why i often refer to him as talentless because he's purely in it for the $$$.

one thing is for sure though i really cant stand this fella and my hate-ridge goes back to the mid 00's, him and rick ross are two cats that really get under my skin in hip hop :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I hate DJ Khaled.

I'll give it a listen later...

Keno 92 wrote: »
    I hate DJ Khaled.

I'll give it a listen later...

must be something in the water down here in waterford so boy :D

Havent a clue who dj khaled is or what he does or where he came into that track, but i liked it. The scratches were nice and the rapping was exceptional, I'll have changed my mind about it being track of the year in about an hour or so though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

You talking about "fake" is hilarious, you ****ing hero worship people like Dre and 50 Cent.

In the late 80's Dre was wear ****ing spandex leotards and singing on hooks, he's about as ****ing "gansta" as my granny, he just rode E, Cude and Ren's life stories and acted the part, even out of the lot of them, probably only Ren was a real "g" Eazy and Cube were just average young lads from compton who knew a few people.

As for 50, the man was shot, whoop-di-****ign do. he muled crack as a young lad, like half of queens project kids, and then later got shot, wow, he must have been such a gangsta, get the **** out of here, do you have any idea what the gun crime stats are for Jamaica Queens are? not getting shot would be more impressive.
    50 is widely regarded as a snitch, he was stabbed by a rapper called Ramel Gill (Black Child/Ferrari Black) in 2001 and disappeared from queens for over a year before coming back and for all his talk of being a gangster never once retaliated. Ramel Gill stabbed him because 50 had been talking about how he was going to kill Gill because he'd used the name Ferrari Black (50 had been using the name Ferrari f-50) so Gill stabbed him and beat the **** out of him. 50 did NOTHING about it.
    Caddalic Tah, who's know curtis since they were in ****ing k9 together also smacked the **** out of 50 in 2002 and again, nothing, 50 ****ing cowered for a year.
    Like Ja Rule said "Ni**a's being shot every day, what makes you special".

It's all ****ing fake, every rapper you hear talking about shooting people and selling crack and being a murderer, it's all bull****. It's a ****ing persona, it's nothing near reality. The only rappers who are known internationally who have anything near to actual "gangster" status are people like Wu-Tang, DMX, Boot Camp, Too Short, Snoop (even if his music is ****), Freddie Fox, Trick Trick, Big Shug etc.

Nas is from Queens bridge projects, some of his personal friends are some of the biggest known gangsters in NY, he's probably the only rapper who could walk around that part of long island without being mugged. He's as real as anyone else in rap, realer than people 50 anyway, by a long way. HE was lucky enough to get out of the bull**** and into music at the age of 18 when Search got him a deal but he's still no less "real" than any of the other "gangsta" rappers who have record deals.

You want to talk about fake.

50 cent signed Mob Deep, just about the biggest studio thugs of all time.

Regardless of any of the above, Nas's worst album ****'s on 50's best, from a ****ing height.

And don't even try to mention record sales.
    Because of record sales mean anything then ****ing ***** like Drake are better rappers than groups like Arsonists and anyone with a brain know that's ****ed up.

Record sales mean ****, it's anbout marketing.

McDonalds and Budwise make more sales than The best restaurants or beers in the world, doesn't mean they are actully ****ing good.

As for Khaled, who gives a **** what he does, he has a better ear for beats than 99.999999999999% of rappers out there.
    Besides that he's the excuitive producer on every track he publishes, meaning, he hires a producer and tells them what he wants and over sees their work.

Did a damned good job with J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League on this track and Premo killed the cuts as always.

Also, you thought "I used to love her" was about a woman.

Your opinion on anything is invalid, for the rest of your life.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Your opinion on anything is invalid, for the rest of your life.

"lyrics as deep as a puddle" and "best song of 2012" - Pot Kettle and incoherent.

Seaneh wrote: »

You talking about "fake" is hilarious, you ****ing hero worship people like Dre and 50 Cent.

In the late 80's Dre was wear ****ing spandex leotards and singing on hooks, he's about as ****ing "gansta" as my granny, he just rode E, Cude and Ren's life stories and acted the part, even out of the lot of them, probably only Ren was a real "g" Eazy and Cube were just average young lads from compton who knew a few people.

As for 50, the man was shot, whoop-di-****ign do. he muled crack as a young lad, like half of queens project kids, and then later got shot, wow, he must have been such a gangsta, get the **** out of here, do you have any idea what the gun crime stats are for Jamaica Queens are? not getting shot would be more impressive.
    50 is widely regarded as a snitch, he was stabbed by a rapper called Ramel Gill (Black Child/Ferrari Black) in 2001 and disappeared from queens for over a year before coming back and for all his talk of being a gangster never once retaliated. Ramel Gill stabbed him because 50 had been talking about how he was going to kill Gill because he'd used the name Ferrari Black (50 had been using the name Ferrari f-50) so Gill stabbed him and beat the **** out of him. 50 did NOTHING about it.
    Caddalic Tah, who's know curtis since they were in ****ing k9 together also smacked the **** out of 50 in 2002 and again, nothing, 50 ****ing cowered for a year.
    Like Ja Rule said "Ni**a's being shot every day, what makes you special".

It's all ****ing fake, every rapper you hear talking about shooting people and selling crack and being a murderer, it's all bull****. It's a ****ing persona, it's nothing near reality. The only rappers who are known internationally who have anything near to actual "gangster" status are people like Wu-Tang, DMX, Boot Camp, Too Short, Snoop (even if his music is ****), Freddie Fox, Trick Trick, Big Shug etc.

Nas is from Queens bridge projects, some of his personal friends are some of the biggest known gangsters in NY, he's probably the only rapper who could walk around that part of long island without being mugged. He's as real as anyone else in rap, realer than people 50 anyway, by a long way. HE was lucky enough to get out of the bull**** and into music at the age of 18 when Search got him a deal but he's still no less "real" than any of the other "gangsta" rappers who have record deals.

You want to talk about fake.

50 cent signed Mob Deep, just about the biggest studio thugs of all time.

Regardless of any of the above, Nas's worst album ****'s on 50's best, from a ****ing height.

And don't even try to mention record sales.
    Because of record sales mean anything then ****ing ***** like Drake are better rappers than groups like Arsonists and anyone with a brain know that's ****ed up.

Record sales mean ****, it's anbout marketing.

McDonalds and Budwise make more sales than The best restaurants or beers in the world, doesn't mean they are actully ****ing good.

Where did I call nas fake?

For the rest of that emotional stupid comment just do yourself a favur and untangle those knickers and crawl back in your box, I don't know why I'm even replying to such a stupid response.

Btw stop the swearing, no need for it.

"lyrics as deep as a puddle" and "best song of 2012" - Pot Kettle and incoherent.

Name one song this year you think is better.
    Name one rapper who laid a better verse than scarface on that track.

Rza has a better verse. The production is better. Cue blah blah curse blah.

Cue blah blah curse blah.

:D

• Advertisement

Where did I call nas fake?

For the rest of that emotional stupid comment just do yourself a favur and untangle those knickers and crawl back in your box, I don't know why I'm even replying to such a stupid response.

Btw stop the swearing, no need for it.

It's the fact that you called anyone fake. You actually buy into the "real" bull****.

It's all fu*king fake.

Who cares if Ross was a prison officer, the man can rap his ass off, some of the biggest names in hiphop have him on their tracks. You tried to discredit Nas for having a "fake" rapper on a track on his album.

Get the boat.

By the way, I can't stand ross either, his voice annoys the hell out of me and that sort of rap is boring as ****, "I'm rich, I **** girls and I sell coke, im great, blh blah blah".

The closest thing to that ****e I've any interest in listening to is the likes of helter skelter, because at least they aren't boring and repetitive.

Rza has a better verse. The production is better. Cue blah blah curse blah.

I like Rza but his verse on that is nowhere near Scarface's on Hip Hop, and Glovers verse is sub par to say the least.

Beat is Meh.

It's the fact that you called anyone fake. You actually buy into the "real" bull****.

It's all fu*king fake.

no i just happen to think the lads I call fake are a bunch of idiots i.e lil wayne, it wasn't so long ago he was gangsta this and blood that now he's dressed like a rainbow equipped with a skateboard making pop music disguised as hip hop. On khaled I think he's possibly one of the worst things to ever happen to hip hop, he's trash and should stay behind the scenes.

I wouldn't say its all fake but the majority is, especially todays hip-sters. Its hard watching drake and that fat cop pretending to be scarface and freeway rick ross. Dont get me wrong i dont expect someone to be a shooter,locked up or whatever but term being real I do take serious especially when it comes to gangsta hip hop.
    Who cares if Ross was a prison officer, the man can rap his ass off, some of the biggest names in hiphop have him on their tracks. You tried to discredit Nas for having a "fake" rapper on a track on his album.

lol rick ross rap his off, are you serious? its the same recycled rubbish with the grunts and the rozay shouts and what makes it even worse his beats are all the same. He has a few hits but tbh what rapper with a buzz doesn't ? he's a commercial made fictional character based on freeway ricky ross.

i discredited nas of being hypocritical because if rick ross doesn't reflect a fake rapper who does? I listen to the lryics of artists i like and cant help but pay attention to them, I felt I had too pull nas up on this one and iv been singing his praises for months here on boards with his new album and being a fan in general. It was a commercial move by nas having ross on it the same way as it was for dre wanting to work with him, he's no means a great rapper.
    By the way, I can't stand ross either, his voice annoys the hell out of me and that sort of rap is boring as ****, "I'm rich, I **** girls and I sell coke, im great, blh blah blah"

so how can he rap his ass off?
    The closest thing to that ****e I've any interest in listening to is the likes of helter skelter, because at least they aren't boring and repetitive.

iv never heard of him, i like my underground hip hop but I find it hard to get around to listening to everyone especially when their first song/impression doesnt draw me in.

Heltah Skeltah are Sean Price and The Rockness Monstah, members of Bootcamp Click.

Sean Price > 99.999999999999% of rappers.

Advertisement