Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 x Solar Garden Lights €3.82 in Tesco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The disappointment is massive, I couldn't find any of these in Tesco Balbriggan. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Where is your local Tesco OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Landfill fillers is all cheap solar lights are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Landfill fillers is all cheap solar lights are.

Not sure why you would think that. They can be hacked many different ways to improve or completely alter them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

50 cents each in B&Q for Kingfisher Helious ones.Absolutely flying out the door,so they were.

• Advertisement

gerryk wrote: »
    Not sure why you would think that. They can be hacked many different ways to improve or completely alter them.

Can you "enlighten" us here please?:)

Aye, but most people wouldn't know how to or just wouldn't bother doing anything like that.

This cheap chinese crap will probably let water in, in it's first sun shower, a shake of the head and a curse from the buyer before in to the bin she goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

Got a solar powered light for the garden (not specifically these Tesco ones) and it was completely and utterly useless. Never more than a very dim glow off it. I don't think we really have enough sunshine for them in this country, even in summer. Anyway, I'd be curious to hear how people get on with them. My bet is that they're getting rid of whatever stock they have because they know they're no good - and even if they work somewhat now, they'll hardly work in a couple of months when it's winter.

I must be the exception then,becaue mine are bloody brilliant.

Still going strong at 2am in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Pics??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

bfocusd wrote: »
    Where is your local Tesco OP?

Stillorgan

I got some 'rock' style lights in our local €1.50 shop about six months ago. They work really well and have been subjected to the pouring rain and strong sunshine. They give off a bright white light- I'm quite happy considering they were just €1.50 each.

Pics??

There you go...kind sir...;):D

They are stainless steel and about 1 foot tall when planted in the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

nice garden

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Can't find these 4 for €3.82 but saw some 6 for €21 labelled super bright

The box says it has 3 leds but paddy147 yours seeem to have bajillions of them :)

Always wanted to buy some but read a lot of disappointed comments on them regarding brightness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭homer911

paddy147 wrote: »

Sadly no B&Q near me, but those look impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

But these are daylight pics! :p

Dont worry,Ill sort that out for you later on.;)

TheDriver wrote: »
    nice garden

My missus rather likes her gardening..thats all I will say.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Can we get a few nighttime pics of your missus please? :p

• Advertisement

My missus rather likes her gardening..thats all I will say.:D
    Thinly veiled I've a girlfriend post!:P

Feck, fair play to her.

Tell her to bend her knees there though, she's doing it all wrong.
    griffdaddy wrote: »
    Can we get a few nighttime pics of your missus please? :p
    +1

Thinly veiled I've a girlfriend post!:P

Feck, fair play to her.

Tell her to bend her knees there though, she's doing it all wrong.

+1

Ah she knows what shes doing..she just gets stuck in and doesnt complain.:)

Still going strong..as of 2:15am this morning.:D

Im off to bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I've replaced the rechargeable batteries before, but what else can be done with them? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Ive had many a solar light over the years and dont bother with them anymore.
    Last lot i got where from Home Store and More. First month they looked CLASS. Very Bright really impressed. They lit up for hours on end. After about a month they started to only last a while after dusk and died a death soon after. Many they were a cheap kind I dont know. If there was such a thing as a Long Life Solar Light I would defo invest in them thou but just aint seen any yet.

I'd like to pop out to B+Q to get some of these but won't be able to for a good while yet- at which point they'll most likely be sold or gone up in price. On the off chance that a fellow Boardsie from Balbriggan is heading out there- any chance of picking up say 10..... I'll pay 100% more!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Apparently the solar ones light themselves up but don't actually illuminate the ground around them. Would love to do this without mains wiring but they don't seem to be there yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

I'd like to pop out to B+Q to get some of these but won't be able to for a good while yet- at which point they'll most likely be sold or gone up in price. On the off chance that a fellow Boardsie from Balbriggan is heading out there- any chance of picking up say 10..... I'll pay 100% more!!! :pac:

Hey - I'm going to pop into B&Q in swords on my way home tonight. I'm going to give them a call first to check if any are still in stock - if they are I'll PM you and pick up some for you. :)

ETA:

Not a one available in any store in Ireland apparently - discontinued. You might get one or two apparently if someone returned them, but no stock showing on the system anywhere. Damn you Paddy147 teasing us with hope of wonderful illumination only to have our hopes and dreams shattered! :P

Little Ted wrote: »
    Not a one available in any store in Ireland apparently - discontinued. You might get one or two apparently if someone returned them, but no stock showing on the system anywhere. Damn you Paddy147 teasing us with hope of wonderful illumination only to have our hopes and dreams shattered! :P

Damn you Paddy- damn you to helllllll!!!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Can you "enlighten" us here please?:)

This is the best hack I have seen for solar lamps.

Advertisement