Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Battlefield community is just horrible now.

Options
  • 11-08-2012 2:12pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So i hadnt played antything Battlefield in a while.
    Couple of weeks back i decided to boot up the game, joined a few random servers with some guys i used to play BF3 with and the one thing that stood out is how the community has changed.
    Its now a sesspit of total and utter dickheads.
    So much anger and abuse, im gaming online the last 15 years or so in every genre and i must say what ive seen over the last 2 weeks or so is such a travesty ,when i see what the once great BF comunity has become its sickening.
    It was like i was playing COD allover again, ffs i hate what that series has become and hate the community even more,seems now Battlefield is not far behind, sad times indeed for any Battlefield veteran.
    Rant Over!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

dont know what server u were playing but never experienced anything like that generally its just a bit of friendly banter , u get the odd dick but its rare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I have just some back to online gaming after not really playing for a few years and yes i have noticed that the game is full of ignorant cnuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

I started playing online again there the other night after 6 months away from it, and whilst it wasnt all bad, there were plenty of dumbasses and selfish twats there alright

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is this voice chat on the consoles, or the text chat on the PC? People seem to be pretty much silent on PC.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

You get the odd muppet on PC servers. Nothing that cant be silenced by tagging him a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

It was always bound to happen though, I think at this stage people are getting brand fatigue from COD and looking for a change but staying within the same genre. COD does tend to attract the younger demographic (around 12-16 years) so it has the benefit of being able to loose numbers from brand fatigue but also replenish the same numbers from seemingly nowhere at first glance. These gamers arent from no where though, they are the first time onliners that are just starting out and COD is the clear choice for them.

The downside of this is that COD and its community is a terrible place for a newbie to online gaming to start off in as it tends to instill a very bad attitude from the get go. Dont think of it as a bad thing though, think of bf3 as rehab for this and a place where people can be taught that COD like attitudes of lone wolfing and glitch exploiting can be negative things as opposed to team work and being part of a whole.

IMO one should be required to complete CO-OP as a requirement before being allowed to play the main MP mode in order to show how working as a team can be the only route to true success and gratification in bf3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

There is normally only so much you can get done in BF without teamwork. As such, it's either adapt or die. People might be dicking around when they first start playing, but a few games of Rush and Conquest spent getting crushed tend to wake them up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

hightower1 wrote: »
    It was always bound to happen though, I think at this stage people are getting brand fatigue from COD and looking for a change but staying within the same genre. COD does tend to attract the younger demographic (around 12-16 years) so it has the benefit of being able to loose numbers from brand fatigue but also replenish the same numbers from seemingly nowhere at first glance. These gamers arent from no where though, they are the first time onliners that are just starting out and COD is the clear choice for them.

The downside of this is that COD and its community is a terrible place for a newbie to online gaming to start off in as it tends to instill a very bad attitude from the get go. Dont think of it as a bad thing though, think of bf3 as rehab for this and a place where people can be taught that COD like attitudes of lone wolfing and glitch exploiting can be negative things as opposed to team work and being part of a whole.

IMO one should be required to complete CO-OP as a requirement before being allowed to play the main MP mode in order to show how working as a team can be the only route to true success and gratification in bf3.

Can you imagine trying to find someone even remotely capable in a pilot's seat for the second mission if everyone who ever played BF3 was trying to get past the Co-Op? :eek: It doesn't bare thinking about.

I think a boot camp kind of thing would be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Can you imagine trying to find someone even remotely capable in a pilot's seat for the second mission if everyone who ever played BF3 was trying to get past the Co-Op? :eek: It doesn't bare thinking about.

I think a boot camp kind of thing would be better.

I think it works that the higher score person in the first level gets pilot seat for the second. Seems to be from my experience anyway. Its odd to have it as a co-op level at all seeing as there is no guarentee that the assigned pilot has ever used choppers at all. The mind boggles as to why they didnt include a training section for pilots.

Advertisement