Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand - Half Moon & Black Moon Parties

Options
  • 11-08-2012 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Hi, sorry to open another Thailand thread... but there was none on this topic.

I'm going to Thailand in October for a couple weeks. Unfortunately I won't be there during any full moon parties, but I'm just wondering can anyone give me any feedback on half moon parties or back moon festivals?

I've watched some videos on YouTube and to be honest they look dead and kinda crap when you compare them to full moon parties.

Was planning on having a rough itinerary for Thailand and really only deciding once I got there exactly were to go etc but if I want to experience a half moon party I will need to head to Koh Phangan pretty much the same day I arrive in Bangkok.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭bazingaboom

The half moon party is pretty cool, totally different to full moon as its in the jungle. The area is smaller but the party was completely full when I was there.Its a bit more like a rave. if your looking up videos make sure its still nighttime in them as if its bright a lot of ppl will have gone home by then so it will give the impression its empty.
    Its def worth going to if you can. You do have to pay for it though. But as the area is smaller they can light the whole thing up with uv light so if your wearing the uv paint everyone glows! . Ppl always wear the uv paint to the full moon but you wont be glowing there!

Is the half moon on the same day you arrive? As its unlikely you will make it to koh phangan unless you fly to samui from bangkok and get the ferry from there but thats super expensve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭lc180

Cheers for the reply. Much appreciated!

We arrive in Bangkok on the 7th of October and there is a Half Moon party scheduled for the 8th! Doubt we'll make it to it unfortunately. There is a black moon party on the 15th which we might hit up. Never really heard of this type of party though so don't know what to expect.

Any boardies been to a black moon party?!?

Advertisement