Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome

Options
  • 11-08-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I suffer from a rare disorder, known as "post-orgasmic illness syndrome" - POIS at short, that could be affecting hundreds, if not thousands, of men around the world. There are two forums in English on the Internet about the topic, where hundreds of men all over the world (U.S., Russia, Egypt, Argentina, France, Israel, India, Australia, Chile, Spain and so on...) can share their ideas about self-diagnosing this illness or raising the awareness about it.

Just after an ejaculation - from sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission or masturbation - we become ill (within seconds or minutes) with flu-like symptoms all over the body, muscles are sore, joints ache, and as time passes we begin to lose cognitive capacities, we have brain fog, lack of concentration, disorganized thought, depression, red eyes, blurry vision, diarrhea.Symptoms - especially the cognitive ones -can linger from 3 days to even 3 weeks in the most severe cases. The average though, is one week after an ejaculation. The illness renders us useless to deal with everyday life. Due to the sensitive nature of the illness, most of us have decided to keep it to ourselves.

POIS is mostly unknown to the medical profession and we cannot get professional assistance. The tendency is to diagnose what-ever other ailment except for POIS. The positive note is that we have been making positive advances in several potential directions, and some of us have been able to have less symptoms after an Orgasm.

Here you have a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWBxAUC9k1g

Is there someone out there with this kind of symptoms? Any thoughts regarding this illness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

Sorry to read of your symptoms, OP.

I've heard some men with M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome describe them. I remember one man with ME/CFS describe how he changed to having sex without orgasms, which seems a pretty dramatic thing for any man to do, which got across the effect it must have been having on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 icefloe

Yes, I have POIS since puberty. No I am 50 and last year I have found from internet that kind of rare disorder but any surgeon in our country does not accept this. This illness is ruined my life and health completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Observercenter

kangaroo wrote: »
    Sorry to read of your symptoms, OP.

I've heard some men with M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome describe them. I remember one man with ME/CFS describe how he changed to having sex without orgasms, which seems a pretty dramatic thing for any man to do, which got across the effect it must have been having on him.

Hi kangaroo, Thank you for commenting on this thread.I have had sex without orgasms, and I know what this means. This illness can destroy a life. You have one option: Full celibacy, but that doesn't mean you are not going to experience POIS. A nocturnal emission could break havoc on your mind/body any day.

But Also, I am glad to announce you that my life changed completely 1 year ago, because now I know how to avoid the symptoms from happening after an ejaculation. This has allowed me to enter in a relationship( I'm in my mid-20's) and have a gf.

I have to take 200 mg Niacin (B-3 Vitamin) and experience the niacin "flush" just before the Orgasm to stop the POIS symptoms from happening. The problem is that I would need to take this every time I am going to have sex, because this is a chronic condition.

Best Regards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Observercenter

icefloe wrote: »
    Yes, I have POIS since puberty. No I am 50 and last year I have found from internet that kind of rare disorder but any surgeon in our country does not accept this. This illness is ruined my life and health completely.

I am very sad for reading your account. Check your PM, there is hope for you.

Advertisement