Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone else been told to skip a sign on day?

Options
  • 11-08-2012 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭

Just something I was thinking about that I forgot to ask when I was down there.
    Normally I sign on during the second week of the month. In June I signed on and was told to come back in August (this month).

Was there a reason I was told to skip the month of July?

The only time I've ever had it happen was during the Christmas closings but as far as I knew, the welfare doesn't close in July or anything. If it matters it was the North King street office.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Never heard of this happening outside of christmas

Next time you collect your payment in the post office at the end of the slip there will be a note that says your next signing date is ______, go by this and not what the person told you to do, as if you fail to sign then your payment will be stopped and the hassle you will have to go through to get it sorted is not worth it, so check your slip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Oh no, the money and all was fine. I don't go by the slip now. It's been saying it's a Teusday for the last few months and my sign on is a Wednesday which I get a lovely text from the welfare to remind me to ignore the receipt.

I'm going to ask about it next time I'm down there. I was just curious if anyone else had a clue about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

There was suddenly a skipped sign on day in September (I think) last year followed by a callout for people to attend a meeting at the FAS training centre. I think there were several sessions of that last year at least in terms of rooms full of people. Could they be repeating something similar where you are? If so you will probably have got a letter/form around the time your monthly signing would have been.
    Alternatively your dole office isn't getting painted or anything is it? Had something similar when the local office was refurbished but it went on for several months.

& failing that, bank holidays. Just had no signing day at the start of august cos it was the bank holiday. Not sure if that would have ripples across the previous wek or anything.

Advertisement