Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get Windows7 gadgets now?

Options
  • 10-08-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Microsoft have removed W7 gadgets page..so where can i get them now ? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Not worth i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

When MS had their behinds whipped at Black Hat, they've pulled the plug for good, no more gadgets. ;)

But Thoosje.com is hosting a great variety of Windows 7 gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Torqay wrote: »
    When MS had their behinds whipped at Black Hat, they've pulled the plug for good, no more gadgets. ;)
    For the benefit those (including myself) that haven't a clue what you're on about there, could you maybe explain?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Alun wrote: »
    For the benefit those (including myself) that haven't a clue what you're on about there, could you maybe explain?

An update has been pushed out by Microsoft to disable the Sidebar and Gadgets on all relevant versions of Windows after remote software execution vulns were found to be present in the underlying code. See here for details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Alun wrote: »

Death by Gadgets – Black Hat Warns of Security Risk

Microsoft was somewhat in a hurry to kill off the Windows Gadget platform after receiving word that serious security vulnerabilities will be disclosed at the upcoming Black Hat security conference.

According to a brief abstract from the Black Hat site, researchers Mickey Shkatov and Toby Kohlenberg plan to discuss weaknesses associated with Windows Sidebar and Gadgets and demonstrate "nastiness" that can be done on the platform.

We have you by the Gadgets

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Torqay wrote: »
    Death by Gadgets – Black Hat Warns of Security Risk

Microsoft was somewhat in a hurry to kill off the Windows Gadget platform after receiving word that serious security vulnerabilities will be disclosed at the upcoming Black Hat security conference.

According to a brief abstract from the Black Hat site, researchers Mickey Shkatov and Toby Kohlenberg plan to discuss weaknesses associated with Windows Sidebar and Gadgets and demonstrate "nastiness" that can be done on the platform.

We have you by the Gadgets

Thanks, your answer was much appreciated :)

Advertisement