Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Californian Fish and Game president kills cougar, loses his job

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I remember reading about this, caused a lot of controversy since he didn't really break any law. Still setting a bad example imo considering it's illegal in the state he presides over.

I think they were right to have him stand down. Whats everyone else's thoughts?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I remember reading about this, caused a lot of controversy since he didn't really break any law. Still setting a bad example imo considering it's illegal in the state he presides over.

I think they were right to have him stand down. Whats everyone else's thoughts?

Well I think if there was justice in this world he would lose more than just his job. Killing such a magnificent (and slowly reproducing) creature for "sport" should be considered a major crime in any bloody state.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

They did the right thing IMO. There's not much point having a man in a position where he clearly doesn't abide by the institution's own ethos.

Advertisement