Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My package is bent!

Options
  • 10-08-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a member of the U2 fan club. As such, I have been waiting for the delivery of their new live album. It's a collectors edition only for club members, and is in a cover which is the same size of the old large record sleeves.

I was away from the house for a few days. When I got back, I found the parcel had been bent up so it could be stuffed in through the letterbox! :mad::mad::mad::mad: I haven't even opened it yet because it is ruined. There is a big red sticker on the front that says DO NOT BEND!

I went to the local An Post sorting office - they said that they did not deliver it. It was UPS. So I don't know what to do now. The only UPS stuff on the front of the package is a package ID and a cost center. Would I have to contact UPS and then they will contact the courier? Not sure what to do.

Incidently, the package says the total value is only $5. Probably because I get it free and it costs U2 nothing to mass produce them. So it won't be much good if UPS refund me the value! I'm not sure if the U2 fan club will send me out another one. And then maybe the same thing will happen??

Kinda lost now. Any advice welcome!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

contact UPS:

http://www.ups.com/content/ie/en/contact/index.html

tell them the story, take a picture of the bent package and forward that to them and demand an explanation why the package was treated like this, when it stated "Do Not Bend" on the package.

if/when they reply with an apology, forward that email to the U2 fanclub. And let UPS know another is coming.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

UPS won't refund you. They will refund the sender. It would be up to the sender to refund you, or replace the item.

Contact UPS. Contact the sender too, and let them know. You should hand the item back to UPS, and fill in the correct form to refuse acceptance of the item. They will then send it back to the sender.

Best of luck with it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact the sender (the fan club). They are the people who have the contract with the courier, not you. This is not your fight, it is theirs.

Let them know that the item was delivered in a damaged collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You should definitely contact the sender too.
    They've paid good money to have UPS deliver this item.

Advertisement