Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Dependant

Options
  • 10-08-2012 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi all, I just completed an 11 week FÁS course and have spotted a JobBridge Internship that I have applied for. However, I have to sign back on to get this. Does anyone know what my entitlements are when cohabiting? Do I just get the €120 which is no use or can I get adult dependent for my OH who earns €330 a week? I know someone whose social welfare officer told her about adult dependent, her OH is earning €350 a week and she gets €85 a week for him now! They have a kid, but I dont think thats relevant? I cant live off €120 and I was told before I started the course that I wont get Rent Allowance, so what am I supposed to do? I dont see how my OH is expected to be able to pay for me too! If I get this Internship I'd still only be getting €170 which is less than what I'd get if I was living alone, claiming full rent allowance and full dole. Plus I'll have to pay for my travel to and from the job which is a 20minute drive away :(

Why is the system so flawed??

Comments

Advertisement