Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT or UCD?

Options
  • 10-08-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I was accepted to the DIT Access Programme last month and yesterday was offered a spot in the UCD Access Programme. Here is the problem I have. The DIT is a full-time course and guarantees me a spot in ANY degree programme if I pass the Access with a 60% or above. The only real "business" degree I can pursue at UCD is in Economics. However, UCD is a better school. Anyone with any input?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

It's up to you what you decide to do really. You can do the DIT access & still apply to UCD and vice versa. Having done an access course will improve your chances of being accepted into a course, even if the course doesn't automatically accept you for having 60% they will still consider your application and the access course will go in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

Thanks Muir

No problem. Well done on getting in. Hope you find the best option for you & get the course you want =]

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

There's slim to no advantage between going to DIT or UCD really, pick out the courses that suit you best in both (just 1 in UCD) and choose whichever is more suited to what you want to do.

If its a case of DIT looks better in every way except name, then honestly I think you are overestimating the importance of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Once you do the access programme you can apply to do any degree anywhere surely?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Once you do the access programme you can apply to do any degree anywhere surely?

You can, but there are certain courses where you are guaranteed a place once you get 60% or more, eg. Arts and Social Science in UCD. The OP would like to do some kind of Business course I think, and they will consider your application but you wont be guaranteed a place for getting 60%.

Advertisement