Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

savings and job seekers?

Options
  • 10-08-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hello, I was wondering if anyone recently got approved for the dole recently despite having some savings? I know it is states the first 20k is not considered but I am hearing mixed views about it.. the only thread that I found here is over 3 years old so maybe things have changed since then

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Job seekers benefit is not means tested at all, do you qualify for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

j4vier wrote: »
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone recently got approved for the dole recently despite having some savings? I know it is states the first 20k is not considered but I am hearing mixed views about it.. the only thread that I found here is over 3 years old so maybe things have changed since then

The first 20K is not assessed. Maybe you have been hearing from people applying for supplementary welfare allowance where the first 5k is not assessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i wouldnt qualify for the benefit as you need to have a certain amount of contributions which i dont have

i would probably qualify for the allowance though is the first 20k is not assessed! thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

j4vier wrote: »
    i wouldnt qualify for the benefit as you need to have a certain amount of contributions which i dont have

i would probably qualify for the allowance though is the first 20k is not assessed! thanks for the replies

The first 20k of capital is not assessed.

Advertisement