Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit and Self Employment

Options
  • 10-08-2012 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I own my own company and am currently on Maternity leave. I have an agreement with my business partner that I get paid a small Maternity Payment from the company every week to top up my Maternity Benefit Payments from the state.
    Does anyone know if I can go in and do some work while still on Maternity Benefit and not change this agreement, ie. don't take an hourly wage which I will be doing when I got back full time?
    I know that Maternity Benefit stops when you return to Insurable Employment. Does going in for a few hours spread over the week to do some admin work but still keeping the agreement in place of a small maternity benefit payment from my company count as Insurable Employment.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

AFAIK, no you cant work at all when on maternity benefit. I found them brilliant to answer question over the phone. Might be worth ringing and asking a hypothetical question.

Advertisement