Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Round 20 teams

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Tom Hawkins just got a bad knock to the head there, fell very hard going up high for a mark and has gone off. 10 in it to Geelong coming up to the first break.

phew, a 5 point win! great result. Geelong were missing Hawkins big time tho. Eagles have Cox and NicNat to thank again. The umps are going to come into some criticism after it though, some ridiculous frees paid/not paid for both sides. The deliberate out of bounds at the end with McKenzie I think it was was absolutely farcical though. Be interesting to see what Gieschen has to say on Monday about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The worst display of umpiring I've ever seen. I'm just in from the game and furious even though we won. There were I think 8 deliberate out of bounds paid. 8! The average is 1 or 2 normally. Some of the free kicks were soft (the one against Darling on Lonergan for Nic Nat's goal comes to mind) while others were just ignored (there were people thrown out of every ruck contest).

It spoiled the game really even though it added to the atmosphere. Subi was hopping when Priddis scored, I was sat right behind him as he took it and there was feck all to aim at.

Nasty one for Hawkins and he was a big loss. Great win overall but the umpiring leaves a bit of a sour taste.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The worst display of umpiring I've ever seen. I'm just in from the game and furious even though we won. There were I think 8 deliberate out of bounds paid. 8! The average is 1 or 2 normally. Some of the free kicks were soft (the one against Darling on Lonergan for Nic Nat's goal comes to mind) while others were just ignored (there were people thrown out of every ruck contest).

It spoiled the game really even though it added to the atmosphere. Subi was hopping when Priddis scored, I was sat right behind him as he took it and there was feck all to aim at.

Nasty one for Hawkins and he was a big loss. Great win overall but the umpiring leaves a bit of a sour taste.

from reading other fora it seems that most fans are similar. glad of the win but frustrated as hell with the umpires. but at least this time it was on both teams and WCE dont have to listen to the usual crap of umps favoring them at home. The non call when Lonergan turned away from the dropping ball and took out Darling was another one. neither side had a clue what was going on. you could see looks of bemusement at times. even the comms had trouble keeping up with it, Waters knocked a ball out of play, ump calls for a boundary throw, next thing Geelong are kicking a goal and they didnt know how it came about as another ump came in late and changed the decision to a deliberate OOB. ridiculous stuff. obvious as hell there was a directive from the top to clamp down on this, but as the comms were saying, it seemed as if you had to try make sure you kept the ball in play so you wouldnt be called for a deliberate OOB. when usually players are happy to let a ball roll out for a throw in, this time they were being called for free kicks. awful stuff.

WCE had 6 deliberate out of bounds in their previous 18 games this season.
    WCE had 6 deliberate out of bounds called in that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Decent highlights reel here -

Also, huge lol at Scott's whinging about the WA crowd. Anything to deflect from a defeat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement