Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would I count as a native of Kerry? (Reid scholarship)

Options
  • 10-08-2012 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I wasn't actually born in Kerry, but my father and half of my (extended) family were. I visit a couple of times a year if that counts? And I always shout for 'em in the auld Gaelic matches. :p

Really...I just want (and need) free money. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I wasn't actually born in Kerry, but my father and half of my (extended) family were. I visit a couple of times a year if that counts? And I always shout for 'em in the auld Gaelic matches. :p

I think the closing date was the 31st of May. Native would generally mean born there...

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I *think* (though I'm not 100% sure) you have to have been born there, and have done your schooling in Kerry to qualify.

In any case, the deadline for applications has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

Thanks for the replies. :)

I'm only going into 6th year now, so I won't be going to college until September 2013. I'll ask my guidance teacher about it...hopefully I'll count as a native....if not I'll kill my dad for moving away. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

As far as I know you have to live in Kerry and have attended school there. You also have to be of limited means but not in receipt of a grant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

If you weren't born in Kerry, don't live in Kerry, and don't go to school in Kerry, then you are 100% not a native of Kerry. To call you a Kerry native would be to completely disregard the definition of the word native.

• Advertisement
Advertisement