Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JB & Marriage

Options
  • 09-08-2012 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

My sister was working full time until July. Contract ended in July.
    She recently got married and went in to 'sign on' just before the wedding.
    She is just back from honeymoon and still no contact from the social welfare but she has went into them and they have explained there is a six week back log.
    My question is:
    Should she wait until her claim comes through before telling them she is married?
    And,
    Because she has worked up until July I assume she will be on JB not JA so they wont need her new husbands details (re his employment)??? Or will they???
    Any help greatly appreciated!
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

dunna wrote: »
    My sister was working full time until July. Contract ended in July.
    She recently got married and went in to 'sign on' just before the wedding.
    She is just back from honeymoon and still no contact from the social welfare but she has went into them and they have explained there is a six week back log.
    My question is:
    Should she wait until her claim comes through before telling them she is married?
    And,
    Because she has worked up until July I assume she will be on JB not JA so they wont need her new husbands details (re his employment)??? Or will they???
    Any help greatly appreciated!
    :confused:

If its jsa then she needs to inform them that she is married and any earnings her spouse has will be assessed as means against her claim from the date of marriage presuming they were not co-hab before that date. If its jsb then depending on his earnings she may get some payment for him on her claim also.

Advertisement