Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a little help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the 650 mah oughta do you most of the day.. i'm a heavy vaper and I generally started vaping on the 650's early in the day and then charging it in the evening/night.
    if you think you'll be able to charge one of them at least once during the day the 650 oughta do you and it is considerably smaller than the 1000mah

the ego twist would do the same job yeah, it's not quite as good as some of the mpre expensive/bigger mods as it only goes to 4.8v instead of 6 but it's a pretty great entry into variable voltage vaping. the problem is they dont tend to work great with ego-c type atomisers. they don't wick the juice down to the coil fast enough to deal with the added heat from the higher voltages, but if you get some cartomisers or a different atomiser in the future it'd work fine for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Hi,

First of all, great forum, the amount of info here is amazing for a noob like myself.:)

After reading several threds and reveiws etc. Ive decided to take the plunge and get a Joye ego-C. I have tried one of the cheap disposable e-cigarette's and found it good enough so id like to get a proper kit.

These are the 3 im considering at the moment:

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/joye-ego-c/28-joye-ego-c-starter-kit.html

http://www.irishvapers.ie/joyetech/238-joyetech-ego-c.html

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego-c-new/joye-ego-c-starter-kit-1000mah-/prod_344.html

The main things Im unsure of are whether I need the 1000 mAh or would 650 mAh battery do? The physical size of the 1000 has me swaying towards the 650. Also the 'Upgraded' batterys which give you the option of 2 voltages, would an eGo twist do the same job down the line if needed?

All advice is appreciated,thanks:)

Hi, Glad to hear your taking the plunge, I'm off the smokes 6 months myself since yesterday and haven't really looked back since I started.

My own opinion is if your out and about a lot and tend to be away from charger for extended periods you would be better off with the 1000mah battery. personally I don't find them that big and started out with the 1000mah myself.

The upgraded batteries are a good option as well as they don't drop off in power as the battery decreases in regulated setting or if you want more power you can set it to give you that but then the power lessens as the battery life decreases.

The ego twist gives you between 3.2volts and 4.8 volts at more or less constant voltage as well and is a good option as the extra power can be very handy especially when you want a stronger vape.

The 3 batteries you mention all have 510 ego connection and will work with the ego-c atomisers but the voltage you need depends on the resistance of the atomiser your using. As a rough guide low resistance of about 1.8ohms work best with standard batterys which usually run at about 3.2volts I think and a standard resistance atomiser would be better at around 3.8 to 4 volts but everyone has a different sweet spot that they prefer.

I'm probably confusing you more now but basically if I am the best advice Id give you is to get the 1000mah standard batterys to start off with and get the low resistance atomiser kit as it will pack a better punch.

You might want to buy a few different smaller size bottles of e-liquid starting off as well to make sure you find one that you like. I think a lot of people like RY4 I usually recommend this and most people Ive recommended it to like it. Its kind of a tobacco/caramel/vanilla flavour but varies greatly in flavour by brand as well.

It might be an idea to have a good look through this thread too http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056339316 as there's more info on voltages and ohms and all that stuff. It will all make sense to you in no time anyway. Keep us posted in how you get on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Todd Umptious

Went ahead and got the 1000 mAh, so far so good:) Looking forward to trying out more and more juices, have been looking at some of the reveiws around here and my wish list is growing all the time:p Haven't smoked since the start of the week either which is no bad thing by any stretch!

Have 2 more questions someone might be able to help me with too,

From what I can gather the batteries aren't supposed to get a memory from charging but what would you recommend charging wise? So far once they go below 50% (light blue button) I seem to be taking it handy and reaching for the charger when possible. Is there any benefit in fully dis-charging? Can't really find a definitive answer online.

Also, I got a ego vison v2 that I have'nt used yet, I presume I should just load it up with whichever juice I like and vape away yeah? What way is it with consumption though? Might wait until I get more juice before using it.

Thanks for the earlier replies also,big help:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im pretty sure those batteries are regulated so 90% or 20% charge they'll output the same voltage and im reasonably sure those types of batteries dont need to be fully discharged before recharging so just charge them whenever you feel like it.

thats the way with the visions alright, they do drink juice very quickly. I ****ing hate them but hopefully you'll have better luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Fully discharging Li-ion batteries is a no-no, and they prefer (can batteries "prefer" things? Maybe.) to be kept around the 70-90% mark (but eGo chargers are going to charge to the 100% mark either way.
    No biggie, just a shorter life-span (500 charges as opposed to 1000 charges if you could stop the charge at 90%). Considering their cost it's not worth thinking about.
    Info gathered from when I was being precious with my laptop battery.

• Advertisement

im pretty sure those batteries are regulated so 90% or 20% charge they'll output the same voltage and im reasonably sure those types of batteries dont need to be fully discharged before recharging so just charge them whenever you feel like it.

thats the way with the visions alright, they do drink juice very quickly. I ****ing hate them but hopefully you'll have better luck
    Nice one, I was kinda thinking along the same lines but the manual didn't have much to tell me and once I hit the web I opened whole can of worms filled with horror stories and do's/don'ts that varied widly from site to site:p

Just bought the vison cause I got a bit carried away as usual shopping online but its worth a try anyway once I get some more juice:D

grindle wrote: »
    Fully discharging Li-ion batteries is a no-no, and they prefer (can batteries "prefer" things? Maybe.) to be kept around the 70-90% mark (but eGo chargers are going to charge to the 100% mark either way.
    No biggie, just a shorter life-span (500 charges as opposed to 1000 charges if you could stop the charge at 90%). Considering their cost it's not worth thinking about.
    Info gathered from when I was being precious with my laptop battery.
    Thanks for the reply:) Yeah when you look at it that way price wise maybe im overthinking the whole thing:p

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Nice one, I was kinda thinking along the same lines but the manual didn't have much to tell me and once I hit the web I opened whole can of worms filled with horror stories and do's/don'ts that varied widly from site to site:p

Just bought the vison cause I got a bit carried away as usual shopping online but its worth a try anyway once I get some more juice:D

Once you get more juice you should be grand with the vision. It does use a bit more juice alright but its still going to be waaaaaaayyyyy cheaper than smoking cigarettes even if you vape it all day long. ;)

I vape about 7 or 8 mls of juice a day and that's a lot of vaping on higher voltage which uses juice faster anyway but its still only 50mls a week which comes in at about €20 maximum depending on where its purchased and a good bit cheaper when I make my own.

Advertisement