Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Tyson coming to Thomond Park

Options
  • 09-08-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests. Any truth to this? Apparently he's coming on the 10th of October. Wonder what he will be doing? Will it just be a meet & greet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fighting Katie? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

He's looking for banana man

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Might be his spoken word gigs about his career etc. If it is I won't be caught paying money for it a second time. Went to one of the nights on his last "tour" and it was a god awful affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

He wouldn't last 5 mins outside the Chicken Hut on a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Kess73 wrote: »
    Might be his spoken word gigs about his career etc. If it is I won't be caught paying money for it a second time. Went to one of the nights on his last "tour" and it was a god awful affair.
    He has a career??
    Oh right yeah, it seems he has.. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/02/mike-tyson-why-do-we-forgive-him.html

I think I'll give it a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

serious why would anyone want to see that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

I hope he doesn't "sing" like he did in the The Hangover 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Is Mike on the sex offenders list? I wonder will he have to notify Roxboro of his plan to spend time in Limerick. Hopefully he wont rape any of our women or F**K any of us lads in the a*s... Sorry i meant eat our asses alive.. WTF.. Racists and rapists in TP. What a waste of a venue. At least Munster do the stadium proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE

WayToRussia.Net shared Vadim Boulatov's photo.
    A poster from Russia: "Today you're a junkie, tomorrow you fight for your motherland!"
    .Wednesday at 03:08.
    .WayToRussia.Net

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

I'd have absolutely no time for this man. Limerick can do without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chaineri

Great fighter sh*t speaker, dubious background. TYSON is a spent force in the ring, long retired and a sh*t boxer at the end figting to earn a crust after blowing his money on drugs and partying. He has little to offer on the "public speaking" circuit. Woukd rather spend my money on " pay per view" on a title fight. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Orla99

;) Note sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Keeping this short as this misogynistic, utter scumbag deserves nobodies time or effort, google search "tyson rapist cancelled"

- Latest hit is from BBC website approx 4 hours ago http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-19206558

A lot of these 'events' are being axed by communities with a bit of backbone - It would be nice to see Limerick tell this ear-biting cokehead to PFO - A good audience attendance would be alarming in fairness :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You'll get those who adored the Hangover will go see him......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Wow what a bunch of fúcking idiots in here. Arguably the most talented boxer to ever get in the ring.

Love someone saying Munster do people proud but cokeheads like him aren't welcome, really think a few of the munster lads aren't fond of a few lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Melion wrote: »
    Wow what a bunch of fúcking idiots in here. Arguably the most talented boxer to ever get in the ring.

Love someone saying Munster do people proud but cokeheads like him aren't welcome, really think a few of the munster lads aren't fond of a few lines?

To be fair, its the raping most people are annoyed about

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ceegee wrote: »

Didn't stop Chris Brown from playing over here to sell out crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

scudzilla wrote: »

Didn't stop Chris Brown from playing over here to sell out crowds

Who'd Chris Brown rape?

And just because some idiots will support someone who beats up his girlfriend to the point of hospitalisation doesnt make other peoples protests any less valid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Aw.

- Is he your favourite, most coolest, bestest favoritest, amazingest Rapist then?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

Don't forget the cannibalism

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

fair few Munster lads have eye gouged and bitten ears I reckon! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

He's here with his manager to offically open the city's new monorail followed by the refloating of the Christmas tree.

tatum_sweet.jpg

Sure it will be worth around €10m to the local economy.

Raiser wrote: »
    Aw.

- Is he your favourite, most coolest, bestest favoritest, amazingest Rapist then?

Nope, definitely my favourite ever boxer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Read what i said. Before you go insulting people. Im not an idiot. I didnt mention coke you did! Tyson is a RAPIST and probably a violent one at that. Rapists are right up there with pedophiles in my book.

I dont care what he did outside the ring. His personal life is just that, personal. Has anyone here abusing him watched his "Tyson" documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The guy was an amazing boxer. You don't become heavyweight champion of the world at the age he did without having amazing talent, but my own comment about him coming to Limerick is based upon being at one of his earlier stand up/spoken word shows (which had the very tiresome Steve Bunce as MC) and has nothing to do with Tyson's past outside of the ring.

It was an awful show with very little of note coming from Tyson and lots and lots of hyperbolic rubbish coming from the mouth of Bunce. So the idea of wasting money to see such a "show" again is a no no for me.

The guy was an amazing boxer. You don't become heavyweight champion of the world at the age he did without having amazing talent, but my own comment about him coming to Limerick is based upon being at one of his earlier stand up/spoken word shows (which had the very tiresome Steve Bunce as MC) and has nothing to do with Tyson's past outside of the ring.

It was an awful show with very little of note coming from Tyson and lots and lots of hyperbolic rubbish coming from the mouth of Bunce. So the idea of wasting money to see such a "show" again is a no no for me.

I have absolutely no problem with what you said Kess. You've been to one of the "shows" before and didn't enjoy it. You're not one of the clowns refusing to go because of things he did outside the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I have absolutely no problem with what you said Kess. You've been to one of the "shows" before and didn't enjoy it. You're not one of the clowns refusing to go because of things he did outside the ring.
    it's not a boxing match though.

it's not a boxing match though.

It will be him talking about his career

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,454 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If he was boxing I might be interested, but a couple of hours with him chewing my ear off? Pass.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement