Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS even though I'm emigrating?

Options
  • 09-08-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi

I'm moving to Australia at the end of September and I am currently receiving social welfare. I got a letter today saying I have to attend a FAS meeting but I don't really see the point if I'm leaving the country? do I still have to attend or can I just ring and tell them I'm leaving?

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Ring them and tell them and see what they say.

They may still want you to attend the meeting even though you are leaving the country and if you refuse to attend the meeting they may stop paying you.

Make sure you contact them because if you don't and you don't attend the meeting either, they may stop your money and it could take weeks or months to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

Cool thanks, I'll do that so. Prob just head to the meeting and tell them in person that I'm leaving :)

Advertisement